Jeff Duncan: Mike Hoss in the Lead to Become Saints New Play-by-Play Guy (1 Viewer)

Mike Hoss was the first person I thought of when I saw Strief was gonna leave.

He would have been my first choice as well. I’ve had a few conversations with him and he is a very nice guy who strikes me as very professional. Given time I think he would grow into the role nicely.

I don’t see what interview questions have to do with being a play-by-play guy. He’s an experienced broadcaster with a good voice. He wouldn’t be my first choice but I have no problem giving him a shot.
He just didn’t seem well prepared for the interviews is all.
we will see how it shakes out.
I think Joel Meyers play by play for the pelicans is solid
It also depends upon how well they react with deuce in the booth

I think Mike Hoss is a good choice. The problem with Joel is that he would be extremely busy and possibly give up national broadcasts of NFL and Pelicans' games. He is one of the best play-by-play basketball announcers in the league, and we are lucky to have him call Pelicans' games. Another local, I think, play-by-play radio announcer is Sean Kelly. He has handled basketball, football, and baseball on a national level. How about thinking out side of the box and have a female announcer? There are others, but I would not mind Mike Hoss. I think he would be very good.

I love Mike Hoss! He was my choice when Jim Henderson left!!!!
What about the LSU guy, Chris Blair ? I am not familiar with Hoss or Myers. Regardless, they have to be better than the National guys.

He just didn’t seem well prepared for the interviews is all.
we will see how it shakes out.
I think Joel Meyers play by play for the pelicans is solid
It also depends upon how well they react with deuce in the booth

Myers would be my first choice. But at least Hoss is a professional broadcaster. I personally would use a larger pool than WWL does.

What about the LSU guy, Chris Blair ? I am not familiar with Hoss or Myers. Regardless, they have to be better than the National guys.

You know the Tampa guy also does FSU games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom