Jeff Duncan's 9/16/09 Saints Mailbag, Part 2 (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints mailbag leads with Usama Young being inactive against Detroit
by Jeff Duncan, The Times-Picayune
Wednesday September 16, 2009, 1:07 PM

Our second mailbag focuses on injuries, special teams and tight ends.

Hopefully we'll be back Friday with another mailbag. Keep those questions coming.

On to the Q&A:

Q: I didn't see Usama Young Sunday. Did I miss him or did he not play and if he didn't play is he expected to play this week against Philly? Lance, Lake Charles.

A: A: Lance, Usama was one of the Saints' eight inactive players so he did not play. He was at the game, though, and on the sideline with the rest of the team. I think his injured shoulder played part in the decision to "put him down" on Sunday. The Saints have five safeties on the roster and it will be difficult for them to get all five active on Sundays. Pierson Prioleau currently is playing the dime back spot so he definitely will be active. The decision comes down to Young and Chris Reis. Both are excellent special teams players and the Saints' struggles in coverage against Detroit might help Young's cause. He might be their best tackler on coverage units.

More: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_mailbag_lea.html

I"m curious as to how effective U. Young can be as a tackler with his shoulder being hurt? Wouldn't you think that is the one area he needs to be 100% in order to be a gunner on ST??? I don't see him being active this week, unless he has miraculously recovered after only 2 weeks...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom