Jeff Duncan's 9/27/09 Saints Mailbag, Part 1 (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints Sunday mailbag, part 1
By Jeff Duncan, The Times-Picayune
September 27, 2009, 8:59AM

We've got four mailbags to get you ready for the New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills game today. This is the first installment:

Q: Where do you see Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas on the depth chart? Have they been effectively passed due to injury? Matt Yoder, Columbus, Ohio.

A: Matt, I think it's important for Saints fans to not get caught up in a traditional depth chart per se. The Saints run so many offensive sets and rotate so many players it's really not applicable other than to designate who takes the first snap of the game. Moore and Thomas have had their seasons sidetracked by injuries but both appear to be rounding into form. Payton said Thomas was about 90 to 95 percent and that's much better than he was just a couple of weeks ago when he looked about 80 to 85 percent. I really think the Saints were prepared to ride Mike Bell's hot hand before he was injured last week. Now I think Thomas will regain the lead back role, with Lynell Hamilton taking some carries, as well. Moore's injury appears more serious. Obviously he needs his speed and acceleration to get open so I think it might take him a bit longer to work back into the rotation. Moore is the slot receiver in the Saints' three-receiver sets. He obvioulsy also plays in four-receiver sets. In the opener, the Saints built such a quick early lead they didn't need to use many multiple-receiver sets so Moore's reps were down. That will change when game conditions dictate otherwise

More: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/post_7.html

Pierre will get his touches, but I think when Bell comes back he will be in the mix at RB for sure. He was playing well and it stinks for this injury to occur. I know he wants to get out there bad.

i officially do not like Jeff Duncan anymore because of this article. I know he has to be unbiased, but don't be such an a** when you discuss your fan-hood. Why is it bad to have a journalist a fan of the team he/her is reporting on?

i officially do not like Jeff Duncan anymore because of this article. I know he has to be unbiased, but don't be such an a** when you discuss your fan-hood. Why is it bad to have a journalist a fan of the team he/her is reporting on?

I dunno, why DO we want unbiased reporting in this country, anyways? Tell us what we want to hear, people!

I prefer it this way. When he talks big on the Saints, it is a genuinely good thing and not just homerism.

I am just talking about sports. We need to know all the information good/bad, but one can't do that if they are a fan? Doesn't make sense. Well in the end, he lost my respect for writing that in his response(he should have just said "no comment").

Forget what he said. He said what he had to say. He said the correct thing. It doesn't mean that is actually how he feels. When you read what he writes or listen to what he says does he sound like he's behind the team.? Do you hear concern in his voice when it's warranted or excitment and pride when the team has done well? That's how you'll really know.

How can you not become a fan after following a team for as long as he has. I have been living in knoxville for a little over a year and slowly i am becoming a university of tennessee fan. I love LSU more but the orange over here is just ambushing me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom