Jeff Duncan's 9/27/09 Saints Mailbag, Part 2 (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints Sunday mailbag, part 2
By Jeff Duncan, The Times-Picayune
September 27, 2009, 11:03AM

This is the second installment of four today for the New Orleans Saints mailbag. Check out part 1 earlier.

Q: I have a multi-part question. What is the real status of both Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas? Can we expect to see them carry the ball in Buffalo this weekend? I'm very excited to see Lynell Hamilton getting his chance to shine and think he can/will do just as good as Bell and Thomas. If we are looking to pick up a RB for safety reasons what has Deuce been up to? Jordon Lake, upstate New York.

A: Jordon, Bell has already been ruled out. I expect him to miss a couple of more weeks with that MCL sprain. Thomas could start Sunday. If not, I expect him to play and split carries with Lynell Hamilton. Sean Payton is extremely guarded with injury information. He's big on cat-and-mouse games on the injury report and has tried to downplay Hamilton's role this week. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the rotation works on Sunday. I think Hamilton will be fine as a ball carrier, complemented by Bush. The one area that Hamilton could struggle, though, is pass protection. I think the Saints will use Thomas and Bush in passing situations because they can't afford to take a chance on a big sack or potential injury occurring because of Hamilton's inexperience.

More: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_mailbag.html

Great question regarding the 53 man roster. I really wish that the NFL changed its IR policy to something similar to what they have in baseball and basketball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom