Jeff Duncan's farewell column (1 Viewer)

I subscribed during the 76% off sale. I am very sad that Duncan has joined them, but I am thrilled that Kat Terrell will be covering the Saints again! I'll be staying with the Athletic simply because I enjoy reading Kat so much. I'll just be bypassing anything Duncan writes. I did see that Kat will be covering the Saints, and Holder and Duncan will be covering the NFL as a whole, so hopefully, for the most part, Duncan won't be in a position to trash the Saints regularly.

This thread is about Duncan’s farewell column. That’s why I clicked it. Defending Duncan and being respectful are 2 different things. I thought his final column was well done. I said I’m shocked by the responses, that’s far from defending anyone. Sorry I’m not part of your echo chamber. Next time I’ll know better than to interrupt the cry session. Peace.
"Interrupt the cry session"? That condescending writing style sounds familiar. :unsure: That explains a lot. For someone who supposedly doesn't care, you sure do seem to...you know...care.

Well they finally got me. They have slowly been collecting a lot of writers I really enjoy (Duncan not being one) and I've been seeing 30% a few weeks ago then 50% of earlier this week and they sent me an email saying 76% off for Fourth of July. I guess there are worse ways to spend $1.19 a month but I give in. FINE! I'll subscribe to your freaking website.
My wife got it for me at Christmas for $1 per month. Its been awesome. I get all my Saints and LSU article links emailed. Worth every penny. I'm sure they will raise the price. Withe the amount of writers they are bringing on. Its a smart business move.

I did see that Kat will be covering the Saints, and Holder and Duncan will be covering the NFL as a whole, so hopefully, for the most part, Duncan won't be in a position to trash the Saints regularly.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I'm sure he will find some way to slip in a zinger, wisecrack, or one-liner every chance he gets. Maybe someone in your family would be willing to Sharpie out anything by Scooter before giving the paper to you.

Not a fan of Holder or Duncan. I subscribed recently to try it out though. Their subscription services are antiquated. You have to subscribe for a full year at a time and there is no pro-rating for cancelling mid-year. Also, it auto renews at full price unless you cancel prior to that date.

I'll just be bypassing anything Duncan writes. I did see that Kat will be covering the Saints, and Holder and Duncan will be covering the NFL as a whole
Actually, he is covering New Orleans sports.

There’s never been a better time to cover sports in New Orleans. As such, there’s never been a better time for The Athletic to bolster its coverage in this sports-crazy town.

But what sealed the deal for me was the team The Athletic was assembling in New Orleans. Not only am I joining Larry Holder and Will Guillory, two of my absolute favorite former Times-Picayune/NOLA.com colleagues, but three other former teammates, managing editor Jennifer Armstrong and sports writers Brody Miller and Katherine Terrell, are coming on board, as well. I have worked extensively with each of them and know the quality of their journalism and the intensity of their commitment.

That was a good sign-off column. I don't get all of the hate for Duncan. You don't have to agree with someone all of the time in order to respect their contributions. Funny-- we can forgive Benson his attempted move to San Antonio but not Duncan's transgressions.

I'm bummed about losing the Times-Picayune, and I wish Duncan well.

Classy post. I agree.

I subscribed during the 76% off sale. I am very sad that Duncan has joined them, but I am thrilled that Kat Terrell will be covering the Saints again! I'll be staying with the Athletic simply because I enjoy reading Kat so much. I'll just be bypassing anything Duncan writes. I did see that Kat will be covering the Saints, and Holder and Duncan will be covering the NFL as a whole, so hopefully, for the most part, Duncan won't be in a position to trash the Saints regularly.
I did to and when I got the e-mail that they hired Duncan, I replied to the email and told them they should be glad I subscribed before they hired him or I would not subscribe, and will not renew my subscription if he is still writing for them.

I agree about Kat. I have some minimal banter with her on Twitter, so I think she's a good addition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom