Jeff Duncan's farewell column (1 Viewer)

How do you guys like the NEW nola.com website. It is running now.

This thread is about Duncan’s farewell column. That’s why I clicked it. Defending Duncan and being respectful are 2 different things. I thought his final column was well done. I said I’m shocked by the responses, that’s far from defending anyone. Sorry I’m not part of your echo chamber. Next time I’ll know better than to interrupt the cry session. Peace.

Final column well done or not, it doesn't matter. I don't care if he wrote the great American novel before he left, I'm just glad he left. This makes me wonder if you read the garbage he was saying back then.

And I don't care if it was said 7 years ago or 70, he crossed the line. I wish the man no ill will but I'm glad he no longer has the privilege of covering the New Orleans Saints.

The man never had one nice thing to say about the organization until it was too late and he was scared for his job.
I don't want anyone to lose their job, but there are few people that have burned bridges that bad with the people he's supposed to be working with.

Lol... Between Tagliabue telling him he wasn't going to be allowed to move the team and Jindal backing up a Brinks truck, he didn't really have a choice in the matter.

I agree, and the flirtation with San Antonio marred what was otherwise a pretty great record for him as owner. It was something that everyone who was around then will always remember, but even if he was dragged kicking and screaming back to New Orleans, he made it work once he was back here.

Duncan made a fool of himself during Bountygate and his response was to turn into a low-budget Skip Bayless-style take machine.

I agree, and the flirtation with San Antonio marred what was otherwise a pretty great record for him as owner. It was something that everyone who was around then will always remember, but even if he was dragged kicking and screaming back to New Orleans, he made it work once he was back here.

Duncan made a fool of himself during Bountygate and his response was to turn into a low-budget Skip Bayless-style take machine.

It's hard for to hold that against Mr Benson. He was a great business man and the situation after Katrina looked pretty dire. Hard to blame him exploring the possibilities. All's well that ends well.

Final column well done or not, it doesn't matter. I don't care if he wrote the great American novel before he left, I'm just glad he left. This makes me wonder if you read the garbage he was saying back then.

And I don't care if it was said 7 years ago or 70, he crossed the line. I wish the man no ill will but I'm glad he no longer has the privilege of covering the New Orleans Saints.
I understand, and that’s your right. I don’t care what the media writes about the Saints, local or otherwise. Let me rephrase that. I might be driven to be happy or angry in the moment, maybe even for a day or two after, but ultimately I realize that it doesn’t matter and I move on. In my younger years I probably would have felt different, but today, I don’t give anyone in the media the ability to make or ruin my day. None of it matters. What I’m saying is that what Jeff Duncan thought, doesn’t matter. To look at it any different, only gives him a stage he, nor any other media member, deserves.

Last edited:
I understand, and that’s your right. I don’t care what the media writes about the Saints, local or otherwise. Let me rephrase that. I might be driven to be happy or angry in the moment, maybe even for a day or two after, but ultimately I realize that it doesn’t matter and I move on. In my younger years I probably would have felt different, but today, I don’t give anyone in the media the ability to make or ruin my day. None of it matters. What I’m saying is that what Jeff Duncan thought, doesn’t matter. To look at it any different, only gives him a stage he, nor any other media member, deserves.

Lol I don't think anyone's day has been ruined by this guy. And you're right, none of it matters. But then again, nothing matters. Eventually earth will be destroyed by the dying sun and there will be no evidence that mankind ever existed except for things launched into space.

But having said that, I'm still glad Duncan is gone.

That was a good sign-off column. I don't get all of the hate for Duncan. You don't have to agree with someone all of the time in order to respect their contributions. Funny-- we can forgive Benson his attempted move to San Antonio but not Duncan's transgressions.

I'm bummed about losing the Times-Picayune, and I wish Duncan well.

Saints fans tend to be like liberals in that there is no room for dissention for many. If you don't think Brees is the best ever you will be savaged for saying so. I often wonder why people who claim to have such rock-solid beliefs cannot take an alternate viewpoint.

Saints fans tend to be like liberals in that there is no room for dissention for many. If you don't think Brees is the best ever you will be savaged for saying so. I often wonder why people who claim to have such rock-solid beliefs cannot take an alternate viewpoint.

Sounds a lot like conservatives to me. They are by definition the least amenable to change. Talk about no room for alternative viewpoints..religion, immigration, social issues, you name it, conservatives are pretty firmly planted and uncompromising.

But why use this at all to push some bogus badly camouflaged political stance?

Sounds a lot like conservatives to me. They are by definition the least amenable to change. Talk about no room for alternative viewpoints..religion, immigration, social issues, you name it, conservatives are pretty firmly planted and uncompromising.

But why use this at all to push some bogus badly camouflaged political stance?
Lol. And therein lies the problem with society today, in a nutshell.

:loopy:

But back to Mr. Duncan ..... does anyone know what he plans to do?

IMO, forgetting what Duncan did 7 years ago is almost equal to forgetting what Goodell did 7 years ago.
And then in 2015 saying the best thing Benson could give the city of New Orleans for Christmas would be to sell the Saints and Pelicans. It's not just bountygate. It's his entire stance towards the Bensons, the teams and their fans ever since then.

Last edited:
Duncan always seemed to have a burr under his saddle.

Farewell, Sir Duncan. You shall not be missed.

Hey Dave - Do think Duncan was really a Contrarian or do you think the TP made him take that role since he did it so well? Thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom