Jeff Duncan's farewell column (1 Viewer)

And then in 2015 saying the best thing Benson could give the city of New Orleans for Christmas would be to sell the Saints and Pelicans. It's not just bountygate. It's his entire stance towards the Bensons, the teams and their fans ever since then.

Agreed...and then in 2019, when Goodell finally felt he could no longer ignore the public and media following the obviously intentionally blown call in the Rams game (either the worst blown call ever or obviously rigged), he finally had a press conference and he strictly chose ahead of time who could ask questions and had every single question pre-screened and pre-approved, in an effort to continue to completely ignore that call/game. Goodell shut down all of the local reporters (except for one), to the point that national reporters who were pre-approved and had submitted their pre-screened questions then changed their questions (to the obvious surprise and chagrin of Goodell) to actually ask about the call/game in an effort to try to help the local reporters. However, Goodell did pre-approve and let one local reporter ask a softball question that said local reporter was only too happy to have pre-screened: Jeff Duncan.

Those who are saying that people are only upset because of some comments 7 years ago have not been following along. I'm not questioning anyone's Saints fandom; rather, I question whether they've been exposed to all of Duncan's transgressions.

I’m wondering if he loses his MVP vote as well. ?

Correction, according to this list of the 50 AP voters for last year, he must have lost it previously considering he’s nowhere to be found. Unless if I’m confusing him with someone else, but I’m pretty sure I remember a few years ago reading somewhere he had an AP vote.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if he loses his MVP vote as well. ?

Correction, according to this list of the 50 AP voters for last year, he must have lost it previously considering he’s nowhere to be found. Unless if I’m confusing him with someone else, but I’m pretty sure I remember a few years ago reading somewhere he had an AP vote.
That's an interesting list. Lots of people from SiriusXM. Not a soul from the Saints home area (unless I missed someone). Thanks for linking that.

He's joining The Athletic.

Well they finally got me. They have slowly been collecting a lot of writers I really enjoy (Duncan not being one) and I've been seeing 30% a few weeks ago then 50% of earlier this week and they sent me an email saying 76% off for Fourth of July. I guess there are worse ways to spend $1.19 a month but I give in. FINE! I'll subscribe to your freaking website.

Well they finally got me. They have slowly been collecting a lot of writers I really enjoy (Duncan not being one) and I've been seeing 30% a few weeks ago then 50% of earlier this week and they sent me an email saying 76% off for Fourth of July. I guess there are worse ways to spend $1.19 a month but I give in. FINE! I'll subscribe to your freaking website.
Lol. Duncan isn't writing anything for them yet. I hope that turns out to be rumor.

Hey Dave - Do think Duncan was really a Contrarian or do you think the TP made him take that role since he did it so well? Thx

Just my opinion, but Duncan had the role of a contrarian before his gig at the TP. Check out the now-defunct Duncan and Holder podcasts. It seems every show was a point/counterpoint between Duncan and Holder with Duncan rebuffing or questioning Larry's comments. Reminded me of Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtain on SNL. The tone during his TP content was intentional. He took over the Peter Finney persona when Finney retired. You had Holder, Triplett, et al carrying the Saints' water with Duncan as the contrarian.

In my opinion, his latest work was simply attention-seeking hoping to get readers to click responses to his articles, even if they were negative. He can then go to his boss and say "See, I'm relative. I am getting them to respond."

The site Duncan works for wants money. I’m certainly not going to pay to read his columns.
FWIW, he doesn't work there yet. I subscribe because I like Holder & Guillory (Pels) and our own Rev. And some of the national writers are pretty good, too.

Now they're moving into video coverage as well as written. Not a bad site at all, especially if you grab one of their sales.

If they do hire Duncan, I'll just read what I did when he was at the TP and skip him.

FWIW, he doesn't work there yet. I subscribe because I like Holder & Guillory (Pels) and our own Rev. And some of the national writers are pretty good, too.

Now they're moving into video coverage as well as written. Not a bad site at all, especially if you grab one of their sales.

If they do hire Duncan, I'll just read what I did when he was at the TP and skip him.

yeah I got it at 76% off. 14 bucks for the year is worth it in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but Duncan had the role of a contrarian before his gig at the TP. Check out the now-defunct Duncan and Holder podcasts. It seems every show was a point/counterpoint between Duncan and Holder with Duncan rebuffing or questioning Larry's comments. Reminded me of Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtain on SNL. The tone during his TP content was intentional. He took over the Peter Finney persona when Finney retired. You had Holder, Triplett, et al carrying the Saints' water with Duncan as the contrarian.

In my opinion, his latest work was simply attention-seeking hoping to get readers to click responses to his articles, even if they were negative. He can then go to his boss and say "See, I'm relative. I am getting them to respond."
The last year of the Duncan/Holder podcasts had Larry taking the contrarian viewpoint more than Duncan. They joked about it every time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom