Jeff faine on Sirius, just a minute ago..... (1 Viewer)

That's an interesting point. He is the one making the line calls each play.
Playing against Pitt and Baltimore x2/year as well as practising vs his own Cleveland D has probably made him pretty proficient in knowing the ins and outs of the 3-4. :9:

Unfortunately, one of the reasons Cleveland decided to beef up the Center position was because Faine struggled against big nose tackles. I think the Ravens have some beef in the middle.

I just get a feeling our O-line doesn't match up well against a good 3-4. Its gonna be a long hard fought day for our O-line.

Unfortunately, one of the reasons Cleveland decided to beef up the Center position was because Faine struggled against big nose tackles. I think the Ravens have some beef in the middle.

I just get a feeling our O-line doesn't match up well against a good 3-4. Its gonna be a long hard fought day for our O-line.

I read that too, but knowing what the D wants to do is the biggest hurdle.

Besides he handled Cleveland's mammoth NT Ted Washington as I recall. I also don't remember Carolina's prized free agent NT Maake Kemoeatu (late of Baltimore) doing anything in that game either. Ditto, for big Grady Jackson of the Falcs.

I think Faine just fell out of favor with the Cleveland bunch because of his injuries. He was a 1st rounder and is more of a technique guy than a mauler, but he seems to be handling these big guys despite his detractors.

Sirius is free now on the internet, try it at sirius.com

You really have to give Kudo's to the Coaching staff and Front Office for what they've been able to do since teh end of last season. Jeff Faine is another example of the "smart, hard working player" type that they've been trying to bring in.

btw sirus is free on the net ppl for a limited time.

www.Sirius.com

I just tried it out the NFL channel ROCKS

I'm over at the site but don't see where it's free. Do I need to sign up first? BTW, I voted in the poll of which game is of the most interest. Saints are at 33% with the highest number of votes.

You really have to give Kudo's to the Coaching staff and Front Office for what they've been able to do since teh end of last season. Jeff Faine is another example of the "smart, hard working player" type that they've been trying to bring in.

i know we traded for faine. for some reason i can't remember the specifics. did they exchange 2nd rd picks? harper was selected with that pick?

i know we traded for faine. for some reason i can't remember the specifics. did they exchange 2nd rd picks? harper was selected with that pick?

Yeah, it was the second round, but I don't remember how many we moved down. Wasn't very many.

The other night on Sportstalk, Kenny and Bobby were talking about the o-line, and one of them said that Faine and Will Smith were without question the nastiest players we have on this team. Said Faine will maul with anyone, then Kenny recounted a story about Smith dropping Victor Riley with one punch in the weight room a couple of years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom