Jeff Heath…… (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Easily the most unknown player on the team ……and I couldn’t value e if when I saw he had double digit snap counts on every game (mostly special teams).
But the last two games he had some defensive snaps and really performed well.
Found an interesting article about it…..sounds like a Deonte Harris type with basically no offers, super small college….and he’s now hung around the NFL for 8 seasons.

AND…..to answer the age old question….can he kick? Yes he can.😎

He was a starting safety for Dallas for a few years but was definitely a guy they wanted to replace…at least their fans did.

Of course it’s highlights, but some of these plays are what I want to see out of MW…..identifying a wide run and shooting like a missile to the ball carrier.

Easily the most unknown player on the team ……and I couldn’t value e if when I saw he had double digit snap counts on every game (mostly special teams).
But the last two games he had some defensive snaps and really performed well.
Found an interesting article about it…..sounds like a Deonte Harris type with basically no offers, super small college….and he’s now hung around the NFL for 8 seasons.

AND…..to answer the age old question….can he kick? Yes he can.😎
If he was that good he would be starting somewhere and not just a special teamer for us. I take MW any day over Jeff Heath.

Of course it’s highlights, but some of these plays are what I want to see out of MW…..identifying a wide run and shooting like a missile to the ball carrier.

Some of the plays Heath makes are what you want to see out of MW, but most of the plays MW makes are what the Cowboys wanted Heath to make.

Last edited:
If he was that good he would be starting somewhere and not just a special teamer for us. I take MW any day over Jeff Heath.

No doubt....it's just that identify and attack forward play that MW doesn't do......safeties should be known as big hitters and enforcers.....MW is definitely not that. He excels in blanket coverage.

No doubt....it's just that identify and attack forward play that MW doesn't do......safeties should be known as big hitters and enforcers.....MW is definitely not that. He excels in blanket coverage.

Williams is a free safety. At that position, you first want a player who excels in coverage and has good range. Those are his strengths.

Pretty amazing to hang around the NFL for 8 years 95 percent of players dont get to sniff that.

Edit. I went to pro-football-reference.com to check out HOF monitor. Jeff Heath is higher than MW. I was surprised. Heath is at 9 while MW is at 6

Last edited:
Pretty amazing to hang around the NFL for 8 years 95 percent of players dont get to sniff that.

Edit. I went to pro-football-reference.com to check out HOF monitor. Jeff Heath is higher than MW. I was surprised. Heath is at 9 while MW is at 6

I watch quite a few dallas games since I live here . Heath is like roman harper or Kenny Vaccaro with less athletic ability. hes 100% a box safety. Hes solid he's not going win you any games with his ball skills, another issue he leads with his head alot. he's a solid safety bit no where near Marcus Williams talent at all.. with that said Jeff Heath is a Very Solid rotation safety or if someone get injured. but anyone thinks he can replace MW is going be VERY disappointed and should watch dallas games he actually started

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom