Jeff Ireland (1 Viewer)

v12whodat

Rookie
Reaction score
Ever since Jeff Ireland has been part of the Saints organizations the Saints have been Stock piling talent, especially on the offense and Defensive lines. I truly hope Jeff Ireland stays with the Saints for a long time. 1570482358104.gif

I hope the Redskins don't get any bright ideas.

And if they do, I hope he shows the cold shoulder. Its not just a bad team, its just total ****show.

But I think its inevitable he's gonna be GM again for somebody

Just look at the drafts pre and post Jeff Ireland. He started in 2016. How bad were those 2014 and 2015 drafts?!?! 2017 was sick.

I remember reading that Ireland loves the drafting and scouting aspect of the GM job, and not the contracts and HR stuff as much. IIRC, I want to say that he loves his gig in New Orleans because he gets to focus in on the parts that he enjoys and is successful at.

[edit]: Found this quote in a Triplett article from 2017:
“As a general manager you're spread so thin, and you're pulled in so many different directions. And when you take a step backwards into this role, it's really intensified my focus. It's more of a tunnel vision,” Ireland said. “Mickey and Sean and I have talked about, ‘Hey look, we need to get better right here. This is where we’re gonna develop our team for the future. So let’s focus right here.’ Then, if time goes on, we'll expand our roles or whatever that may be.

“But right now my focus is completely on that, and I feel like I'm good at that. And when I’m focusing on just one thing, man, you can knock it out of the park, and I think we can.”

Who really knows what Ireland wants. He may have said that to explain his lack of success as a GM. CYA, whatever. But it looks like he is doing great things here and I want him to stay!!

Ever since Jeff Ireland has been part of the Saints organizations the Saints have been Stock piling talent, especially on the offense and Defensive lines. I truly hope Jeff Ireland stays with the Saints for a long time. 1570482358104.gif

The Saints under Loomis and Payton seem to have built one of the best organizations in football.
I remember reading that Ireland loves the drafting and scouting aspect of the GM job, and not the contracts and HR stuff as much. IIRC, I want to say that he loves his gig in New Orleans because he gets to focus in on the parts that he enjoys and is successful at.

The Saints under Loomis and Payton seem to have built one of the best top to bottom organizations in football. Ireland is now a big part of it, and everyone talks like this organization is one of the very best places to work. It all starts with Loomis and I know he's aware what we have with Ireland. I expect him to 'make it happen' when it comes to locking Ireland down with the Saints, even if it means giving up some of his GM responsibilities

Selfishly, I hope Ireland stays focused on what he loves. But I know from personal experience that that would be a selfish decision for him as well.

I hope Ireland is smart enough to see that also.

Last edited:

This is interesting. Thanks for posting.

Mrs. Benson is clearly willing to open up the pocket book for our staff. So pay Ireland GM money, find a title he likes, and allow Loomis to do what he’s good at and what Ireland admittedly doesn’t want to do: contracts and $$.

Jeff is learning under the Best, will be future GM and head of scouting, next Sean Payton will retire and become a GM....Its in the genes!

I hope the Redskins don't get any bright ideas.

And if they do, I hope he shows the cold shoulder. Its not just a bad team, its just total ****show.

But I think its inevitable he's gonna be GM again for somebody
Why would Jeff go to dysfunction?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom