Jeff Mangum and Neutral Milk Hotel? (1 Viewer)

NMH is pretty well know, I guess in certain circles. They were part of the Elephant 6 collective that came out of Athens (Olivia Tremor Control, Of Montreal, Elf Power...umm..Apples in Stereo...there were others, those were the big names. *edit* just looked it up, Beulah as well..not sure how I forgot that)

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is their most famous album, I think...pretty great stuff..

yep, I worked with a guy in DC who loved that whole Elephant 6 deal. when I told his that I went to La Tech for a coupla years, his eyes glazed over and wanted to know all about it.

glad he turned me onto the stuff. it's remarkable.

yep, I worked with a guy in DC who loved that whole Elephant 6 deal. when I told his that I went to La Tech for a coupla years, his eyes glazed over and wanted to know all about it.

glad he turned me onto the stuff. it's remarkable.

I went to Tech at the same time Jeff Mangum was there. We hung out in the same circles, went to parties he played at, didnt really know him well. I knew Jon though, from Olivia Tremor Control. Guess they all moved to Athens right after I graduated.

I met an 18 year old kid in Salt Lake a few years ago who is a huge NMH fan. He got the same look when I told him I sort of but didnt really know his musical hero :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom