Jeff Saturday, Peyton Manning share snap at Pro Bowl (1 Viewer)

I thought it was a nice gesture. Cool way for Saturday to retire. As for the game itself, it was far better than those I've seen in recent years. I still say their selection process is pretty bad though. It's a nice fill in the gap for the weekend before the SB.

I like the in game interviews. The one with Watt's bloody finger and face and his playing hard comment for Goodell was entertaining.

I overheard Manning telling Saturday that it was an honor and privllege to have played with him. I thought that was very classy thing to say.

Jeff Saturday is a great guy. I hate to see him retire, he's had a solid career and he's a very likable guy.

Maybe Peyton will call him up to the podium in Canton like Terry Bradshaw did with Mike Webster.

Maybe Peyton will call him up to the podium in Canton like Terry Bradshaw did with Mike Webster.

That would be a real classy thing to do. Its a shame that Jeff Saturday will probably never touch Canton, so something like that would be extremely honorable.

And the NFL wonders why no one takes the pro bowl seriously. It would have been pretty cool if Saturday purposely fumbled the ball to the NFC with Jim Ross calling the play, "Aw, son of a *****, Saturday just stabbed his best friend in the back"

And the NFL wonders why no one takes the pro bowl seriously. It would have been pretty cool if Saturday purposely fumbled the ball to the NFC with Jim Ross calling the play, "Aw, son of a *****, Saturday just stabbed his best friend in the back"

I definitely can appreciate the reference to some good ole WWF. But imitating the WWF is no way to get yourself taken seriously.

I only watched a portion of the game but I had no idea this happened. Way cool! I'm glad the NFL let them do that. Not to mention all of the players on both sides of the ball.

Good stuff!

Hey, cool deal and everything. But this is the beginning of the evolution the pro bowl is going to experience where it turns into MTV Rock 'em Sock 'em Softball games. Flava Flav has no place in the pro bowl. An evolution isn't necessary for that. Just make it a fun thing and call it done. People will still watch. Hell, make it flag football. At least be honest with yourselves.

I am a fan of Saturday. I'm also a fan of Manning. I'm glad they got to have a symbolic on-air farewell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom