Jeff Sessions to announce he’s running for his old senate seat (1 Viewer)

OP
DavidM

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I expect he’ll win. At least this should end any Roy Moore candidacy.
I do, too. Anything lingering with Trump will be set aside when it comes down to adding a Republican to the Senate, and the people of Alabama will be anxious to vote the red team again.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect Trump would just stay out of it - both by his own inclination not to help Sessions and the Sessions campaign not to have him there.

"We got this Donald."

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
I do, too. Anything lingering with Trump will be set aside when it comes down to adding a Republican to the Senate, and the people of Alabama will be anxious to vote the red team again.
I think the only chance Doug Jones has of keeping the seat would be if got to run against Moore again. The article points out that there will be a crowded primary, so if it’s a three way race between Sessions, Moore, and a Trump endorsed candidate it could get interesting to watch. But I’ll be shocked if that seat doesn’t flip in 2020.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
There was talk of Trump trying to sabotage his candidacy this morning on the news. Or supporting any R who runs against him at least.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
There's the thing that a lot of trumplicans like to call people...."cuck". I'd say Sessions kissing trump's arse as trump sheets on him fits that description to a tee. Him running also puts Alabama voters in a bind. They desperately want to do any and every thing that putin's birch tells them to but they also want to support Sessions. I wonder how PB would take his subjects disobeying him and voting for Sessions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom