Jeffery Sandusky (Yes, his son) arrested for child sex abuse (1 Viewer)

What a sick and twisted family this is. The apple doesn't fall further from the eye.

Most men will not admit to being molested. Because of the perceived or real stigma associated with it. However, many molesters were molested when they were young. Its difficult to stop the sickness from travelling from one generation to the next.

the other thing i remember from cursory research is that in various populations, boys are actually more abused than women

I think that's where we have to move forward and focus on as a society. All is this is wrapped up in fear of homosexuality and being unmanly. Even though being sexually abused has nothing to do with being homosexual and being manly isn't dependent on being straight. Those that are abused are made to feel guilty, as if it was their fault. And they're made to feel that being abused means they're gay, even though the two aren't connected and even if they happen to be gay, there's nothing wrong with it.

We have to remove the stigma of abuse and the shame that comes with it to encourage people who have been abused to come forward and get treatment before it gets to the point where they engage in this type of behavior.

Also, I have no numbers to back this up, but common sense would tell you that the overwhelming number of people that are sexually abused as kids do not go on to become pedophiles. I don't want my responses to be taken that way.

Yes, I agree most people that are sexually abused do not become predators but the twist is a large number of people that are predators were sexually abused at a young age. Then you just have those really weird sick twisted evil people that make up the rest of the predators. I thank god that here in Ga. we have a great system in place to provide psychological help for the victims.

When read this stuff, any read about what was going on at PENNST, I always wonder what was really going. Sick.

•1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse;
•Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident;
•During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
•Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;

Now this stat I deal with everyday:
1 in 3 juveniles are approached online by predators. 1 in 33 are aggressively approached. this stat was just released in Nov. at a ICAC class I attended.

•1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse;
•Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident;
•During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
•Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;

Now this stat I deal with everyday:
1 in 3 juveniles are approached online by predators. 1 in 33 are aggressively approached. this stat was just released in Nov. at a ICAC class I attended.

thank you for the follow-up
(as i think about it maybe it was specifically in athletics that i read the gender disparity)

the online stuff seems a different animal (since it's such a new occurrence)
do online predators fit a traditional pedo profile or are they a new manifestation?

Well i define it as two different types. There are the pediophiles then there are the trafficker. The online animal we now see has always been out there but the internet has just given them better or easier access to the children. They still fit into the same profile, or profiles. The interesting thing about sexual preditors either adult or child victim preditors is they all pretty much fit into a series of profiles. This will sound sick, but its interesting at how differently each profile thinks. There mindset at how they see the victim is intriging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom