jena six defendant arrested in dallas for assualt (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080207/NEWS01/802070330

A "Jena Six" defendant was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault after a fight with a fellow student at his current high school in Texas, his mother said.
Bryant R. Purvis, 19, now living in the Dallas area, was charged with assault causing bodily injury and is being held in the Carrollton, Texas, city jail without bail pending a bond hearing this morning, a jail official said. The charge is a Class A misdemeanor, with a maximum penalty of no more than a $4,000 fine and a jail sentence of no longer than one year, or both.

If someone slashed my tires I'd do the same thing so I'd be a hypocrite to talk down on him for it.

im not going to talk down on him, but what his mother says makes alot of sense:

"I wish he could just get in a place where he could walk away from the situation," Jones said of her son. "I understand he gets frustrated. But he needed to walk away from this situation, being that he's already in a situation. It's very frustrating and upsetting to have to go through so much."

"I wish he could just get in a place where he could walk away from the situation," Jones said of her son. "I understand he gets frustrated. But he needed to walk away from this situation, being that he's already in a situation. It's very frustrating and upsetting to have to go through so much."

I agree with this.

Now I know he didn't exactly have a good run-in with the police before, but I think reporting it to authorities given your recent past would make much more sense than an physical confrontation. :dunno:

problem is this

he doesnt know for sure that the guy was the one who did it, not that it isnt, even still it doest justify violent actions.

and just like he obviously didnt learn from last time you cant go around assaulting people even if you feel justified call the freaking police or leave it alone - now he is in trouble again for the same darn thing.

eventually its gets you in jail or shot\stabbed possibly killed when you take these actions on someone who really doesnt play around.

100% agree.

here's the thing, i now live in dallas, and in most texas school systems if you fight in school you are charged with assault...that's high school, middle school, and elementary school, so this happens everyday in texas...my daughter goes to middle school and this boy that likes here pushed her, not a violent push, but one of those love taps all kids of that age go through, so it really was no big deal, but the school principle sent home a letter saying that as her parent i had 3 days if i wanted to bring assault charges on the other kid, after investgating the situation and explaining my daighters question of "why do boys act like that" to her, i told the principle no i didn't want to bring assault charges because to do so would be rediculous to me.....so because there is assault charges in this case really is nothing out of the ordinary here in texas...also people from louisiana here in texas are often times given a hard time by people born and raised in texas..to them everybody in texas that are from louisiana are here because of the hurricane..blah,blah,blah..and everything that comes with that.

here's the thing, i now live in dallas, and in most texas school systems if you fight in school you are charged with assault...that's high school, middle school, and elementary school, so this happens everyday in texas...my daughter goes to middle school and this boy that likes here pushed her, not a violent push, but one of those love taps all kids of that age go through, so it really was no big deal, but the school principle sent home a letter saying that as her parent i had 3 days if i wanted to bring assault charges on the other kid, after investgating the situation and explaining my daighters question of "why do boys act like that" to her, i told the principle no i didn't want to bring assault charges because to do so would be rediculous to me.....so because there is assault charges in this case really is nothing out of the ordinary here in texas...also people from louisiana here in texas are often times given a hard time by people born and raised in texas..to them everybody in texas that are from louisiana are here because of the hurricane..blah,blah,blah..and everything that comes with that.

I think we can agree that it was a bad decision on his part. regardless of if it was justified it was still assault and a bad decision.

there is just one common denominator.....................

Angry child. Angry, angry child. That's the problem with plenty of young men...black or white. Anger turns into idiotic actions...turns into run ins with the law...turns into worse situations...

He's going to end up dead or killing someone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom