Jenkins Arm (1 Viewer)

BuffaloSaint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just listening to ESPN radio they were talking about the brand on his arm. Guess it's from his fraternity. Never realized what it was. Pic is on the front page of ESPN right now.

Omega Psi Phi.

Many famous athletes have been members... Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Mo Vaughn come to mind.

There are a few more as well.

Omega Psi Phi.

Many famous athletes have been members... Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Mo Vaughn come to mind.

Steve Mcnair (RIP) was one, Vince Carter, Robert Mathis,Chris Webber and a couple of others i can't think off. They have a very distinctive sign that they do. People not familiar with greek expression wouldn't know what they were doing, but it is very common. Some just express themselves more then others. The brand is tradition and most of the time it is on there arm.

For what its worth

Why does he have 2? Is that part of it?

The fraternity is Omega Psi Phi. The brand is a right of passage. Not sure why it is two. But translating it to religion being ending, who knows why it is two, but i've always seen the greek with two of them. Branding is very common in historically black frat's.

Don't scare me with thread titles like this! Thought he got hurt

Does anyone know how the branding is done? I heard it's often with a hot clothes hanger. Count me out.

where is the pic?
malcolm-jenkins2.jpg

didnt realize it had to do with a fraternity, but yeah ive noticed it. i def couldnt do it though, but it's cool

We have branding irons but the old school way was to use a clothing iron. It is a right of passage that 99% of Ques obtain but it definitely isn't a requirement. Jenkins was the vice president of Iota Psi and the step master.

I've seen this before. I don't really understand why a black fraternity would embrace a practice normally reserved for marking animals as property, but to each their own.

He has one on his chest too:

Jenkins is a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity. He was vice president, stepmaster, and chaplain of the Ohio State chapter; he has a prominent fraternity brand on his upper left arm, and another one on his chest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom