Jenkins Forced Turnover (1 Viewer)

Speaking of facemask....anybody see the lions get away with one on Santana Moss? My brother is a huge Skins fan so we watch them on the ticket too....and they got jobbed bad. Changed the game. Granted the Skins are not good this year, but that play literally changed he game. The refs threw the flag, then picked it up.

Also to further the argument the NFL is only interested in the intentional face mask and they do not care about incidental contact or swipes unless it consist of twisting turning or pulling...

Source:
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

Scroll up. The NFL hasn't updated their rules page. They still have the 5-yard penalty for a facemask.

Karma paying us back for all the missed facemask calls on Reggie.

you can touch the facemask. You can NOT grasp it and pull the head in any direction, either fully or partially.

Trust me it was so subtle the refs didnt see it or it would have been called. They called so many BS penalties against us it was ridiculous. Esp that personal foul on Hargrove what BS, lets try to help the Bills get passed the 50 b.c they can't do it with their Offense.....Good job refs (NOT)

I am suprised that I haven't seen this mentioned and if it has, I apologize in advance but did anyone notice that when Jenkins forced the fumble on the punt return that he had an inadvertent face-mask on the returner?
I think his initial swipe, hit the face-mask and then the ball but the face-mask disoriented the returner and helped cause him to dislodge the ball.
To a lesser degree, it was very similar to the Reggie facemask in last year's Vikes game that caused him to fumble.
That being said, I for one am happy that it was a No-Call but had that been our guy on the receiving end of that, I'd have been miffed.

This was no where near what happened to reggie last year. Reggie was almost able to see his own a*shole on that play. it was a horrendous no call. this was not even close.

I wasn't saying it was re-instated. I was just pointing out that the website hadn't been updated, hence the wording of the 15 yards penalty.

Oh! Sorry about that. :covri: I misunderstood you. Thanks for the clarification.

anyone see that Will Smith got pulled down to the turf after his INT by his facemask and NO one called anything? It's not like they weent watching.....that was the same drive we had 2 unsportsmanlike calls on us for BS hits that were clean IMO..........officials really screw things up........

anyone see that Will Smith got pulled down to the turf after his INT by his facemask and NO one called anything? It's not like they weent watching.....that was the same drive we had 2 unsportsmanlike calls on us for BS hits that were clean IMO..........officials really screw things up........

I saw that and wondered why there was no unsportsman like conduct on that one.

Jenkins has made a big play on special teams in each of the first three games. Hopefully he will relish the role of a self-less special teams demon and come into to support Greer, Porter, and Gay when needed.

I really think that this front office sees him taking Sharper's place in the long run after this year. Maybe Sharper resigns maybe he doesn't but putting in a versatile db is a great thing to have for our over all goals. I was a bit worried about our special teams after the Lions game but causing two special teams turnovers in two weeks and that big hit on the sideline punt return against the Eagles are big time contributions given limited opportunities. That is value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom