Jenkins = NFL ready from day 1... (1 Viewer)

Really?

I think Greer, Jenkins, Ellis, Ayodele and Smith have all played at a higher level than Vilma this year. You could make the arguement, in limited snaps, Clark has been our most impressive Lber thus far.

Clark has done an outstanding job in his role as run stopper, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's more valuable to the D than Vilma. 51 may not make every tackle(he does make plenty), but he is responsible for lining up the guy who does. Give him credit. Everyone you mentioned has stepped up their play and I'm not putting any of them down. Number 27 will be my next jersey purchase.

*edit*
looks like Vilma does make every tackle: leads the team with 73 combined tackles, 49 of them solo; only Harper has more solo tackles at 51, but less combined at 64

Clark has done an outstanding job in his role as run stopper, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's more valuable to the D than Vilma. 51 may not make every tackle(he does make plenty), but he is responsible for lining up the guy who does. Give him credit. Everyone you mentioned has stepped up their play and I'm not putting any of them down. Number 27 will be my next jersey purchase.

We weren't discussing the players value to our D, that was never the debate. You said Vilma was our 2nd best player, and that's what I was responding to. This year, he's not close to our 2nd best defensive performer IMO.

We weren't discussing the players value to our D, that was never the debate. You said Vilma was our 2nd best player, and that's what I was responding to. This year, he's not close to our 2nd best defensive performer IMO.

read my post again

You are absolutely correct about the tackling abilities of our starting corners. I believe Greer is actually the best player on our defense right now with Vilma a close second. Jabari is exceptional at run support when you consider his size. We are truly blessed with the players we have in our secondary. Jenkins will only improve with time and I truly believe will be a special player. Despite our record, this is the most talented team in ever fielded by the Saints or NFC South.

read my post again

Pretty easy deduction.

Really?

I think Greer, Jenkins, Ellis, Ayodele and Smith have all played at a higher level than Vilma this year. You could make the arguement, in limited snaps, Clark has been our most impressive Lber thus far.

Based on what?

This is all pretty much untrue. Clark is good against the run, he's not good against the pass, and he's terrible at chasing down running backs or tight ends releasing to the flat.

Clark is very good at a few things, but he's not our most impressive linebacker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom