Jenkins = NFL ready from day 1... (1 Viewer)

That play is almost beyond belief. I can only imagine how pumped up it must have gotten the sideline.

I thought the secondary did a good job for the most part today.....remember, Dallas' offense is pretty good. I thought they played better than last year, when we had Sharper for the Dallas game.

IIRC, we were missing Greer and Gay + it was Porter's first game back.

Jenkins is a good player and he had a critical play...but lets be honest our secondary looked pedestrian without Sharper....

I honestly think we did what we had to do to take Dez Bryant, and to an extent, Miles Austin out of their passing game. As a result, we made other concessions in the passing game that we could live with. I'm not sure if Sharper would have change that part of it that much but Sharper does always seem to be around the turnovers.

<object width="640" height="385">Best play of Jenkins' career.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G25f043SuX8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

That play is almost beyond belief. I can only imagine how pumped up it must have gotten the sideline.

:00000654: :plus-un2:

:gosaints:

Jenkins' strip of Williams is this year's version of Meachem's strip in the WASH game last year...game changer

Jenkins has had a great knack for stripping the ball since he got here. At the beginning of last season when he was a fresh rook, I remember he was involved with causing some big fumbles on special teams.

Jenkins strengths are his uh, strength, his football speed, and his game smarts. When he saw Roy Williams catch that pass, he took off like a shot, with full intentions to strip the ball. He wasn't going to be denied. Unlike most DB's, Jenkins was strong enough to hold on to Williams (very strong himself) while stripping him. Most DB's would have been shrugged off. There's 1 other Saint that plays with those qualities, and it's Meach.

Jenkins is a good player and he had a critical play...but lets be honest our secondary looked pedestrian without Sharper....

I guess I just disagree. Our defense seems a lot faster with Jenkins in there at FS. My only complaint with Jenkins, and it's a small one, is his tackling. He isn't a hitter or striker and just tries to pull people down. But his ability in coverage at FS and his ability to play CB make him special.

I think Sharper makes the defense better when both he and Jenkins are in there and Sharper is only in there on obvious passing downs.

Greer played much better yesterday and Porter is a pure coverage CB (one of the best in the league at that though) who will never be great at tackling or run support. Robinson shows amazing talent but he just needs to be more technical and gain more experience, but when he uses his brain, he's darn good. Even Torrence has shown solid ability in dime. I believe we have the best CB group in the league.

I love Harper's run stopping ability but he is a liability when covering anyone with quickness.

My point is that Jenkins may be our defense's MVP and is special. Sharper is a ball hawk that is nice to have in there when offenses have to pass, but seems to be limited in most other areas at this point in his career. That's just my opinion.

Oh, and I didn't even mention how well Young has played this year when called upon.

<object width="640" height="385">Best play of Jenkins' career.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G25f043SuX8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

EAT IT Joe Buck !!!

I was hoping Drew Brees, when receiving Galloping Gobbler Award, was going to say, "I'm going to get Malcom Jenkins to sign it." Alas...Great Thanksgiving.

MJ27 is a baller. One thing though....If Sharper was in the game do he run Roy down? I dont think so.....Thank God for MJ27,,,WHO DAT!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom