Jenkins saves day (season?) for Saints By Pat Yasinskas (1 Viewer)

To somewhat agree with Pat, I will say it would have been a crushing loss. If the Saints lose that game, we would need to not only beat Atl. in Atl. where(with Matt Ryan) they are 17-1, but we'd also need Atl. to lose 2 other games besides the one to us: bringing the grand total of 3 losses in only 6 games. That's alot to ask considering the Falcons have 2 games against Carolina and a game vs. Seattle left on their schedule. The division would be hard to win with those circumstances. In that sence, Jenkins' play could very well have been a season-saving play. The Saints have enjoyed a great home-field advantage with the loud Saints fans in the playoffs under Payton and Brees. Having to go on the road to face GB, Atl, Chicago, Philly, or NY is no easy task. Cold, rain, possibly snow. All not good for a passing offense. Not saying the Saints can't win a road playoff game in incliment weather, but history will show it's not easy for a dome team to do. We won't know until it's all over, so until then it's all speculation. It's was a HUGE play,though, no doubt. I think Jenkins is gonna be a pro bowl caliber DB for many years to come. Glad we picked him. GEAUX SAINTS!!

These types of games happen almost every week. FAR FAR FAR away from being considered a miracle.

Remember, IF they would have made a FG we are still only 1 score away with around 1.5 - 2mins remaining. That is called a nice comeback victory, again, no where near a miracle.

Now the redskins game last year where a FG puts them up by 10 IS CONSIDERED A MIRACLE IMO.

Yeah or they could have ran it on three downs and then picked up another first down and ran the entire clock out something that happens almost once every week but your right a defensive back running down a teams top receiver and managing to strip the ball out is a way teams win ball games at least five or six times a week.

The colts were outscored 31 - 7 over the last 3 quarters.......

what do you think?

And the Cowboys out scored the Saints 27-6 for 2 and 3/4 quarters but somehow on this message board that equates to the Saints dominating the game. :shrug:

Look I'm not saying we didn't deserve the win or that it's a cheap win but getting all NO RESPECKT!!1!1!!! :mad: about it because some people do consider it an out of the ordinary win is just stretching for something to get :mad: about.

Yeah or they could have ran it on three downs and then picked up another first down and ran the entire clock out something that happens almost once every week but your right a defensive back running down a teams top receiver and managing to strip the ball out is a way teams win ball games at least five or six times a week.

And the Cowboys out scored the Saints 27-6 for 2 and 3/4 quarters but somehow on this message board that equates to the Saints dominating the game. :shrug:

Look I'm not saying we didn't deserve the win or that it's a cheap win but getting all NO RESPECKT!!1!1!!! :mad: about it because some people do consider it an out of the ordinary win is just stretching for something to get :mad: about.

u had me til u said roy williams was the teams top receiver... hes not even top 3. to me its austin, bryant, witten, williams...

u had me til u said roy williams was the teams top receiver... hes not even top 3. to me its austin, bryant, witten, williams...

Fair enough I should have said most grossly over paid and costly (somewhere around 18 draft picks). My bad :hihi:

Well, I think Jenkins' play was a miracle play, but the win was not a miracle win.

The Cowboys were in the lead for a total of 3 minutes and 56 seconds, and yet the headlines in the recap (Pat Y) says "Drew Brees' late drive lifts Saints over Cowboys after Roy Williams' fumble" . If you hadn't watched the game and only read the headlines you would think the 'boys had dominated and only lost because the 'boys gave away the game.

I much prefer the headline of the recap on the Saints official site to all those "Saints make most of late turnover to win thriller against Cowboys" or "Saints waste 17 point lead..." stories.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/new...-Cowboys/fcd24c8c-c6b2-4591-ba79-42e3e81fe90b

Yes they earned that win by working hard and not giving in. Both D and O made some great and some not so great plays, but the Saints was in control during the majority of the game.

PatY tries, but for an NFC South reporter, he sure has a hard time covering the Saints over other NFC South teams and random teams the Saints play.

I give him credit for trying, but he just can't break his past coverage leanings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom