Jenkins Traces Football Roots to MS Gulf Coast CC (1 Viewer)

keefresh2

on my own ignore list
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
jenkins3jpeg-0d380e822f6adaec.jpeg

There is no question that John Jenkins will play for the Saints but will he start?

All it took for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Coach Steve Campbell to secure a little-known defensive tackle from Meriden, Conn., was one highlight reel, a phone call and a signature.

Campbell felt like he found a hidden gem in John Jenkins.

"You knew he was a future NFL guy," Campbell said.

Campbell said Jenkins' high school coach sent film to him at his Perkinston, Miss., office. Campbell said Jenkins was listed at 6 feet 4 and 320 pounds carrying the ball as a fullback, catching the ball as a tight end and bowling players over as a defensive tackle.

More

Thanks! Im loving these series by NOLA. I hope Jenkins is worth every penny :)

Represent!!

My grandaddy coached there in the 1920s when it was Perkinston.

Nothin' better than beating Pearl River CC...

Represent!!

I'm 5-10 miles from Perk, Actually their Football program is one of the top 3 JC in the US. Mount Cody played at perk, Vic Ballard!!! that's 2 that I know that's in the NFL, along with Jenkins. did you know T.Cadet played at PRC?

Represent!!

Perk BULLDOGS!!

I signed there for soccer before I took a 4-year offer a few weeks later. Loved the Perk campus as it was close my family's hunting land.

Weird that you can sign a two-year CC scholarship essentially as insurance if you do not get a 4-year ride elsewhere.

Cant wait to see this guy on the field. I think he'll b 1 of those players that ends up being better in the pros

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom