Jeopardy (1 Viewer)

Yeah I've been making it a point to watch again daily. It's just an awesome display he's putting on.

I saw this today, and i call BS.. just look at people like myself, I haven’t watched Jeopardy in probably 20 years, and i’ve been tuning in lately just to see him.. their ad revenues must be through the roof, this is definitely a net positive for Jeopardy.
the article suggests that at the end.

There is a lot of buzz around Holzhauer’s performance, which could draw in more viewers. That in turn, could boost advertisement sales

They never suggested they don't have the money, just that this is so much so fast, it could be causing an accountant some heart burn.

There's a point where they might be in trouble, cash flow, etc, but I doubt they are there yet.

I'm currently watching today's show (don't worry, no spoilers). I had not tuned into any of the streak to date. This dude is a beast. He makes it look like he's playing against babies. I swear there was just a couple of questions that he let the other two players get because he wanted to be sporting.

Interesting read on James:

btw, the teachers missed 2/5 answers today in the category "Parts of Speech" today. Nobody knew what an adverb or participle was.

btw, the teachers missed 2/5 answers today in the category "Parts of Speech" today. Nobody knew what an adverb or participle was.

Considering they are teachers I am a bit concerned at all of the answers they miss.

Considering they are teachers I am a bit concerned at all of the answers they miss.
Teaching isn't just about having knowledge or being super intelligent. Teaching is about being able to effectively communicate and help students understand information. It's about trying to inspire students to want to improve.
Expecting teachers to be bottomless pits of information, especially if it's not in their subject area, isn't realistic.

Teaching isn't just about having knowledge or being super intelligent. Teaching is about being able to effectively communicate and help students understand information. It's about trying to inspire students to want to improve.
Expecting teachers to be bottomless pits of information, especially if it's not in their subject area, isn't realistic.

I agree with this. I'll give them a pass on the participle, but really, an adverb?

He almost got taken out yesterday. The other guy used his own strategy against him: going for the big money clues first, seeking out the daily doubles, and betting aggressively. Just came up a bit short.

He could beat Ken Jennings earnings by the end of the week.

Let’s See You Answer These’ Snickers Alex Trebek As He Unveils Invasive Categories About James Holzhauer’s Personal Life

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom