Jeremy Hill as a 3rd back? (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
If we don’t land a back in the draft, I wouldn’t mind if we brought in the LSU standout. He had a great rookie year and 2 decent years as the starter in Cincy. He’s still only 26 and could give us some insurance if Murray isn’t the back we hope he will be in this offense.

I would rather a pass catching back as our 3rd back, but we need a thumper to complement Kamara. I really wanted TJ Yeldon, who caught 55 balls last year, but he signed with the Bills yesterday. If no one signs Hill I hope we bring him in anyway for some competition for Murray. So if we are to draft a 3rd down type back, I would still like to bring in Hill to challenge Washington. He might be a better long term Kamara complement than Murray. He had only 4 carries averaging 6+ yards per carry before he got hurt in that first game with New England. Not sure how rehab is going on his torn ACL, but since he got hurt in the first game he should be close to ready come camp.

As a local guy I’m sure he would jump at the chance to play in the black & gold.

I hope we can bring in Ziggy Ansah and Eric Berry on cheap 1 year ring chasing type deals as well. If they gonna sign cheap 1 year prove it type deals why not sign with a contender. Getting Hill, Ziggy, and Berry would be absolutely sick!!

Bonus unicorns in the last couple of paragraphs there. Any other big names with diminishing production we should go after?

In terms of signing another RB, Hill is very much going to be a post draft option for teams if they don't get a young cheap prospect in the lottery this weekend. He'll wait.

Bonus unicorns in the last couple of paragraphs there. Any other big names with diminishing production we should go after?

In terms of signing another RB, Hill is very much going to be a post draft option for teams if they don't get a young cheap prospect in the lottery this weekend. He'll wait.
You right, if we don't pick up a RB in the draft, we'll probably comb the RB FA market and bring someone in. I guess Hill is just as good as any that will be left out there as a FA.

I'm betting if he didn't go to LSU his name wouldn't come up. But I'm thinking after Murray and Kamara any back we have on the roster is going to need to contribute on special teams.

I would rather wait for the Browns to release Duke Johnson.

Duke Johnson would be an excellent addition to this offense. He wouldn't just be a depth signing either. A back that good in the passing game, SP would find a way to use him.

As for Hill, if he wasn't a former LSU Tiger I doubt his name would be mentioned. He's just another RB on the scrap heap. He has talent but so do a bunch of unemployed RBs.

Dwayne Washington folks. Any pick ups after the draft will be Camp bodies.

I agree with this. I didn't know much about Washington till I did a little investigating and if this kid gets into the secondary and reaches his top end speed good luck catching him. He can take it the distance at any time.
The Saints may have found another diamond in Washington. He had 27 carries last season and averaged almost 6 yards a touch................that's pretty impressive for a guy who was a 7th round pick by the Lions.

I"m on the LJ Scott bandwagon, I think within 2 years he could be partnered with Kamara and we would have the most dynamic backfield in the league.

As for Hill, if he wasn't a former LSU Tiger I doubt his name would be mentioned. He's just another RB on the scrap heap. He has talent but so do a bunch of unemployed RBs.
I personally don't mention LSU players because because they're LSU players, despite being an LSU fan. Fit is important, especially with Payton who has hit his stride as a coach when he really started to emphasize the fit and "clear vision" for a player. Jeremy Hill has underperformed mostly due to injury, but also misuse. His skillset is a fit for what the Saints look for in a RB, which is probably why Payton was interested in drafting him. He is familiar to Saints fans for his LSU and Louisiana ties, but he would still garner mention simply because Payton has mentioned drafting him several times over the years.

Dwayne Washington is in the building. He's the guy that will be competition for Murray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom