Jermon Bushrod ready to take on Dallas Cowboys' challenge (1 Viewer)

WhoDat9to12

DREW DAT
Reaction score
Jermon Bushrod knew the questions would be coming Tuesday.

In fact, the New Orleans Saints left tackle said he'd been anticipating them ever since he first learned that the Dallas Cowboys would be on the 2010 schedule.

He knew he'd have to rehash his most forgettable night as a pro - when he allowed two sacks and several more quarterback hurries against the Cowboys' perennial Pro Bowl pass rusher, DeMarcus Ware, in a 24-17 loss in the Superdome last December.

But Bushrod faced them head on - just like he plans on attacking Ware during Thursday afternoon's rematch in Cowboys Stadium.

"It's all good, it's all good. It comes with the territory," Bushrod said of the miniature media swarm that developed around him Tuesday. "But it is what it is. And I'm not going to dwell on it.

"You know, I can't go on the field and think about everything that happened last year. And I'm really not. I'm just going to worry about my play, worry about my technique and trying to keep whoever's lined up across from me off the quarterback."
More here:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/11/jermon_bushrod_feature.html

wope

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
Hopefully, he's ready to take on the challenge...with some help.

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
How often have we talked about Bushrod's play this season?

Yea that's right, he's been our most consistent lineman this season when you take into account technique and the number of penalties called against him.

CHEF

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm more worried about Stinchcomb on Spencer than I'm worried about Bushrod on Ware. Very worried.

saintskullz

Veteran
Reaction score
Bushrod has his moments, however, he has his moments. He can block 70 times good and get 2 sacks and he has a bad day. He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bushrod has his moments, however, he has his moments. He can block 70 times good and get 2 sacks and he has a bad day. He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

Have you watched a game this year?

theicebox

Very Banned
Reaction score

I think the whole o line play has been bad the first half of this season.
Bushrod made brown expendable.
I think we see some thomas and humprey helping the tackles out.
Bc specner and Ware ate us up last year.

Sev705

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I think payton learned from last year and will chip ware and spencer more often with a rb or te. I'm actually surprised that people haven't been talking about the bushrod/ware matchup this week.

Ware will get a sack on bushrod just because of how good he is, but I think bushrod will do a lot better this year. Remember, he's played several other elite ends/olbs since that game last year and hopefully he has learned some things.

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

Dude, did you read the article? Bushrod has no holding penalties called against him this year.

Bushrod will eventually be replaced by Charles Brown, but not because he is horrible. When he leaves here he will likely start for another team.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Ware will not get a sack against Jermon. He will not get help everytime Drew drops back to pass, and Bushrod will hold his own against Ware in those instances.

saints6759

life long saints fan
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
J.B. has an awesome game I predict. The Cowboys will have their hands full with the vertical passing game that Brees and Payton will throw on them.

State Of Affairs

Just a dude...
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I'm more worried about Stinchcomb on Spencer than I'm worried about Bushrod on Ware. Very worried.

Unless you think Spencer might beat Stinch up in the parking lot after the game, you have nothing to worry about, Spencer is on IR....

BIG DAWG

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Go get em Bushrod. Man up baby!!! WHO DAT

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ware moves around or is he always matched up against the LT? Because if he does move from side to side, I expect them to go after the lesser athletic tackle, Stinchcomb.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ware moves around or is he always matched up against the LT? Because if he does move from side to side, I expect them to go after the lesser athletic tackle, Stinchcomb.

He would be less effective on the right side, Drew would see him coming and it's the strongside where the tightend usually lines up so he would be chipped on even more plays than if he was on the left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines