Jermon Bushrod ready to take on Dallas Cowboys' challenge (1 Viewer)

WhoDat9to12

DREW DAT
Reaction score
Jermon Bushrod knew the questions would be coming Tuesday.

In fact, the New Orleans Saints left tackle said he'd been anticipating them ever since he first learned that the Dallas Cowboys would be on the 2010 schedule.

He knew he'd have to rehash his most forgettable night as a pro - when he allowed two sacks and several more quarterback hurries against the Cowboys' perennial Pro Bowl pass rusher, DeMarcus Ware, in a 24-17 loss in the Superdome last December.

But Bushrod faced them head on - just like he plans on attacking Ware during Thursday afternoon's rematch in Cowboys Stadium.

"It's all good, it's all good. It comes with the territory," Bushrod said of the miniature media swarm that developed around him Tuesday. "But it is what it is. And I'm not going to dwell on it.

"You know, I can't go on the field and think about everything that happened last year. And I'm really not. I'm just going to worry about my play, worry about my technique and trying to keep whoever's lined up across from me off the quarterback."
More here:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/11/jermon_bushrod_feature.html

Hopefully, he's ready to take on the challenge...with some help.

How often have we talked about Bushrod's play this season?

Yea that's right, he's been our most consistent lineman this season when you take into account technique and the number of penalties called against him.

I'm more worried about Stinchcomb on Spencer than I'm worried about Bushrod on Ware. Very worried.

Bushrod has his moments, however, he has his moments. He can block 70 times good and get 2 sacks and he has a bad day. He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

Bushrod has his moments, however, he has his moments. He can block 70 times good and get 2 sacks and he has a bad day. He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

Have you watched a game this year?

I think the whole o line play has been bad the first half of this season.
Bushrod made brown expendable.
I think we see some thomas and humprey helping the tackles out.
Bc specner and Ware ate us up last year.

I think payton learned from last year and will chip ware and spencer more often with a rb or te. I'm actually surprised that people haven't been talking about the bushrod/ware matchup this week.

Ware will get a sack on bushrod just because of how good he is, but I think bushrod will do a lot better this year. Remember, he's played several other elite ends/olbs since that game last year and hopefully he has learned some things.

He holds ALOT, if he is getting beat and saving Drew, but he is our worst on the line. We need upgrade at that position.

Dude, did you read the article? Bushrod has no holding penalties called against him this year.

Bushrod will eventually be replaced by Charles Brown, but not because he is horrible. When he leaves here he will likely start for another team.

Ware will not get a sack against Jermon. He will not get help everytime Drew drops back to pass, and Bushrod will hold his own against Ware in those instances.

J.B. has an awesome game I predict. The Cowboys will have their hands full with the vertical passing game that Brees and Payton will throw on them.

I'm more worried about Stinchcomb on Spencer than I'm worried about Bushrod on Ware. Very worried.

Unless you think Spencer might beat Stinch up in the parking lot after the game, you have nothing to worry about, Spencer is on IR....

Does anyone know if Ware moves around or is he always matched up against the LT? Because if he does move from side to side, I expect them to go after the lesser athletic tackle, Stinchcomb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom