Jermon Bushrod (1 Viewer)

Do you think Jermon Bushrod will be with us next year?

• Total voters

*_deuce_*

Keeping the Faith
Reaction score
Based on penalties and performance I have a strange feeling he wont be in the lineup next season.

He's been one of our most consistent lineman this year. Don't get carried away. The only way I see him not being with the team is if he holds out for a big contract.

I'd like to see them upgrade the left tackle position. I'm hoping Charles Brown will be the answer, but if not I think we need to address the position sooner rather than later. Our most valuable asset is Drew and he's getting hit way too much this year. Having said that, Bushrod still adds quality depth to an o-line.

He's serviceable. But doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. He just doesn't do anything that bad.

You can do better at LT and you can certainly do worse. He'd be great as a backup though.

But I don't know how good Charles Brown actually is.

I could see him back as a back up and for depth purposes epically if Brown beats him out

I see Brown moving to LT and Bushrod replacing Stinch at RT, whenever Stinch's contract runs out

Whether Bushrod is back or not one thing is for sure... (like many other NFL LTs) his 'Krytonite' is Abraham!

:scared:

There's a reason we drafted Charles Brown in the 2nd. I know he was great value at that point in the draft but we could have went another route.

I don't know what Bushrod people have been seeing this year, but I think he's having a very good year. He's been consistent all year long. He's more than held his own for the most part. I'm not blaming him for the pick six yesterday. That was a bubble screen where it was evident he was releasing into the flat to block for the receiver. As for the procedure penalty, it was a questionable call at best. Very ticky tack IMO.

Many people are judging him based on this game alone. That is simply unfair. The Falcons blitzed all nite long from different spots. Abraham abused us as well but he was coming from the left and the right. He has been consistent all season long. No he isn't the best left tackle, but he doesn't make stupid mistakes for the most part like holding.

If the Saints are/were that unhappy with his performance, they would play Strief, like they did once last year.

On the other hand, he looked pretty bad last night. And it was not just against Abraham - he made some pretty serious mental errors. The play where he blocked down on the tackle instead of picking up the blitzing safety comes to mind. All the TE help in the world won't fix that

Just posted in another thread look for the Saints to really step it up with Charles Brown in the off season. Bushrod is marginal at best. Gets beat continually and therefore we are having to use backs to chip or other OL to help. That opens up other areas for blitzing. That is probably why so much pressure. In addition, he has way too many penalties.

I don't know what Bushrod people have been seeing this year, but I think he's having a very good year. He's been consistent all year long. He's more than held his own for the most part. I'm not blaming him for the pick six yesterday. That was a bubble screen where it was evident he was releasing into the flat to block for the receiver. As for the procedure penalty, it was a questionable call at best. Very ticky tack IMO.

Many people are judging him based on this game alone. That is simply unfair. The Falcons blitzed all nite long from different spots. Abraham abused us as well but he was coming from the left and the right. He has been consistent all season long. No he isn't the best left tackle, but he doesn't make stupid mistakes for the most part like holding.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one terrible play by every member of the line last night. Singling out Bushrod is absurd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom