Jermon Bushrod (1 Viewer)

Do you think Jermon Bushrod will be with us next year?

• Total voters
I think people are nieve to think its just as simple as putting another player in X players position and that player wont make the mistakes X player made...

I can only speak for myself, but I've always said that Bushrod is more suited to being a backup than starting. I've said that as way back as February.

I don't see any problem with Bushrod. He did EXACTLY what you want a back up LT to do. He wasn't a total liability, held his ground for the most part, and got lots of experience. He's the perfect backup at LT, imo. If he were any better, he'd be the starter. I'd hate to see Streif go, but he's versatile and teams like that. If he can net us an equally versatile player on the defensive side of the ball, then let's move 'em.

I think Bushrod takes Stinkies spot and Charlie Brown takes the left when he's game ready

Not that Stinch is bad, just getting a little long in the tooth

He's been one of our most consistent lineman this year. Don't get carried away. The only way I see him not being with the team is if he holds out for a big contract.

Not trying to be too critical but do you even watch Bushrod during games? The only thing he is consistant at is allowing his man to get by him and pressure Brees. His max protection of Drew is 2 seconds before his man is by him and on Brees. Only thing he's consistant about is being consistently bad. UATOAB!!!

This is silly. He's played VERY well this year.

Not trying to be too critical but do you even watch Bushrod during games? The only thing he is consistant at is allowing his man to get by him and pressure Brees. His max protection of Drew is 2 seconds before his man is by him and on Brees. Only thing he's consistant about is being consistently bad. UATOAB!!!

I do and you are completely off base. Do you have some examples? Are you another one of these oblivious people who think that Bushrod let Abraham run past him, when the play was a screen designed to release the defensive end?

Bushrod has done a good job this year actually. He's gotten very few penalties and he's done a good job driving rushers upfield.

Seriously, you're completely off base, bordering on delusional.

And to be clear, I am trying to be critical of you. If you're going to make broad statements like that they better be based on facts. What you're saying is just false. In fact, over the course of the year, most of the pressure on Brees has come right up the middle.

He is dirt cheap.

He will be with us for a long long time.

He helps with the cap space we will be fighting again next year.

His value is great based on what money he makes.

He is dirt cheap.

He will be with us for a long long time.

He helps with the cap space we will be fighting again next year.

His value is great based on what money he makes.

And he's better than Jammal Brown. People are spoiled.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one terrible play by every member of the line last night. Singling out Bushrod is absurd.

Bushrod was terrible last night. You continuing to sugarcoat it doesn't change that. No one on the line played as bad as he did last night, including everyone's favorite whipping boy Stinchcomb.

We need better production from our LT to repeat. Last night was one of the worst games by a LT I've ever seen.

I'm gonna stop short of making pronouncements on his season as a whole because it'd be a lot of conjecture on games not fresh in our minds but I have no idea how someone could watch that game last night and make excuses for him within the guise of that game.

I just don't understand what happened to Bushrod (and our entire O-line FTM). Last year, Brees was sacked fewer times than every QB except P Manning. This year, our O-line doesn't even make good speed bumps.

i think everyone is a little off considering not a lot of people actually watch him play. they usually just see the replay and listen to the commentary tell them that the DE just completely abused him or that the guy just got beat rather than watching what happened during the play

unfortunately, bushrod isnt the best LT in the league. he doesnt consistantly do anything regardless of what anybody says. he hasnt had as much help as he did last year, but the majority of swings and chip blocks come out of the left side to help him

bushrod replacing stinch? jon stinchcomb is one of the better RTs in the league. saying that bushrod is just goin to take over for him is dumb. especially considering that stinch is in only year 2 of his 5 year extension while bushrod is only on a 1 year contract right now

I think Bushrod takes Stinkies spot and Charlie Brown takes the left when he's game ready

Not that Stinch is bad, just getting a little long in the tooth

Stinchcomb is slow... He made Abraham look like he runs a 4 flat.

Charles Brown is too small to be a reliable LT. You need a big powerful guy to protect your quarterbacks blind side ala Willie Roaf.

There's a reason we drafted Charles Brown in the 2nd. I know he was great value at that point in the draft but we could have went another route.

Yes there is, its called having deph.

Jermon Bushrod is a decent LT. He is not outstanding, and he is not bad. When you have a player of Drew Brees's calibur holding down not just the QB position, but your entire franchise you need 100% guarentee that his blindside will be covered.

Can Jermon Bushrod elevate his play to a probowl/all-pro level? If he can, great. If not, we need to find someone who can in the future. As Drew gets older, these little hits he takes become more and more dangerious.

See Kurt Warner/Brett Favre for examples the past few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom