Jerraud Powers injury just as big as Freeney's (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
It's not getting much play, but if they have to go deeper into their DB rotation, that spells for a long day for their pass defense.

I think their nickel and dime options even with Powers starting would be hard pressed to keep up with out 4 WR sets. Take it down another peg if Powers can't go, and it's a potential nightmare scenario for Indy.

I hope so. It's not our offense that I am worried about this game. All though we have had some problems against the Tampa 2/cover 2 defense. I think if we are able to snag atleast 1 INT and a fumble this game should be pretty good for us.

If they sign Jason David, they are in serious trouble.

I disagree. There is little, if any, dropoff between Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey. There is, however, a dropoff of monumental proportions between Dwight Freeney and Raheem Brock.

I disagree. There is little, if any, dropoff between Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey. There is, however, a dropoff of monumental proportions between Dwight Freeney and Raheem Brock.

You missed my point.

The dropoff you're looking for isn't always between #1 and #2.

It's the fact that the regular nickel back now has to start and go up against the #2, your dime moves up to nickel and your 5th best CB has to be on the field a lot in dime coverage. Obviously he is a 5th CB for a reason and doesn't get to see the field hardly at all.

Like the Saints for instance lose a lot when we have to go to Jenkins in the nickel if one of our top 3 corners were injured. He is just not nearly as good as Gay is.

It's the trickle down effect I am speaking of. And with the Saints, we have the uniqueness of no real discernable dropoff from #1 receiver to #4, and add to the fact we put both our TEs out wide and are versatile that way.

It's simply a bigger deal against this talented Saints offense to go up against a QB with that many good weapons in the WR department and the way he distributes to the open man is uncanny.

You missed my point.

The dropoff you're looking for isn't always between #1 and #2.

It's the fact that the regular nickel back now has to start and go up against the #2, your dime moves up to nickel and your 5th best CB has to be on the field a lot in dime coverage. Obviously he is a 5th CB for a reason and doesn't get to see the field hardly at all.

Like the Saints for instance lose a lot when we have to go to Jenkins in the nickel if one of our top 3 corners were injured. He is just not nearly as good as Gay is.

It's the trickle down effect I am speaking of. And with the Saints, we have the uniqueness of no real discernable dropoff from #1 receiver to #4, and add to the fact we put both our TEs out wide and are versatile that way.

It's simply a bigger deal against this talented Saints offense to go up against a QB with that many good weapons in the WR department and the way he distributes to the open man is uncanny.
I don't think there's much of a dropoff in the Colts' backup corners. They're all mediocre at best.

Jenkins is a liability at this point.

You can argue there's no dropoff all you want, but there's a reason he's a starter. I'll take as many injuries to Colts starters as I can get.

You can argue there's no dropoff all you want, but there's a reason he's a starter. I'll take as many injuries to Colts starters as I can get.
Not me-- I don't want Colts' fans to have any excuses about missing starters when there's not really any difference between the starter and the backup.

I don't think there's much of a dropoff in the Colts' backup corners. They're all mediocre at best.

Jenkins is a liability at this point.

u clearly missed the mans point.............

You clearly missed my post in response...

no i replied to your post in response...........btw i respect ur opinion so dont think i am arguing or picking a fight...just stating that it would be a massive blow to the colts if any one of their DBs goes down...yeah their probably isnt a big dropoff, but even a little dropoff against the saints offense is gonna cost them severely...

Not me-- I don't want Colts' fans to have any excuses about missing starters when there's not really any difference between the starter and the backup.

sorry but this is simply untrue. The trickle down effect will be HUGE. Their d is not good enough to lose starters

The only injury I'm worrying about is Shockey. When Brees can hit those seam routes to JS early in the game, it seems to get the offense clicking. Also, if Shockey is right it gives the offense a lot of options from that "2TE" personnel grouping, which can look like everything from a traditional 2 back set to an empty set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom