Jersey color Sunday? White or black? (1 Viewer)

You have to tell the NFL before the season which color you will wear at home.

We told the NFL white (which is why we wore it for our first 2 games) but the players went to Sean Payton and said they wanted black again.

So we asked the NFL can we wear black at home the rest of the way and the NFL agreed, but they had to contact our remaining home opponents and get them to agree.

Every team agreed except the Bengals, hence why we will be wearing white against them.

What a bunch of tools!! Even more reason for the fans to go nuts and make it he ll for them to pay.

lets make a red and green jersey for christmas, because we have never lost against an afc north runner up while wearing that at home in the first half of the month of december, coming off a loss to the defending superbowl champs, while having a winning record.

we beat the browns in black, lost to the steelers in white. and lost to the ravens in white.....

let it go. its obviously makes no difference, and i am a very superstitious person.

Thanks for the info.

Gotta say, the Bengals black-on-black has potential to be downright hideous...

*EDIT* Maybe I'm wrong. Here's a link with the black-on-black: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=2376

They should wear black on blue - because that's what they're going to be after the Who Dats stomp the Who Deys...

Last edited:
on the front office show tonight, it was brought up that because the saints have worn black pants before, they are considered regular uniform. the team ordered black pants. if they are in, in time, they will be worn sometime (december) this regular season. since the rest of our games will be with black jerseys, that will be a black jersey/black pants uniform. is this a first?

on the front office show tonight, it was brought up that because the saints have worn black pants before, they are considered regular uniform. the team ordered black pants. if they are in, in time, they will be worn sometime (december) this regular season. since the rest of our games will be with black jerseys, that will be a black jersey/black pants uniform. is this a first?

Not a first. We wore them in 2001. But I hope it's the last. Those unis are hideous.

Last edited:

I thought they did that in '01?
I missed many games in '01 because the Fox affiliate suddenly became the WB.
I'm pretty sure the game in Carolina that year, they wore all black. Any others?

*edit
The last two games were also in all black.
The Saints have been outscored 113 to 37 wearing the dang things.

For the record, I think they could use a gold stripe and lose the satin look.

Last edited:
someone should tell the Bungles that Halloween already passed...idiots

My god. The colour of our jersey is now going to dictate whether we win or not. Forget the game planning, the practises, the execution on the day. Just get those voodoo dolls out and pray...................:miss114:

per above partial quote: this is not yo momma's saints! and we don't know the exact look of the black pants. maybe, some striping or something. or do they have to be exact matches to measure up as "regular", as in previously used?

per above partial quote: this is not yo momma's saints! and we don't know the exact look of the black pants. maybe, some striping or something. or do they have to be exact matches to measure up as "regular", as in previously used?

Good point- I hope you're right about the stripe.
I know you're right about the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom