Jesuit vs. WMHS (1 Viewer)

saintfan1972, are you one of those bitter Neville or Ouachita grads that longs for the days when WM finished last in the district every year and accuses them of cheating? :hihi:

WM up 21-3 at the half. Jesuit finally got something going with a couple penalties on WM and a long pass completion by Jesuit. WM answers their FG with a kickoff return for a TD.

No I'm a Bastrop grad. Bastrop and W. Monroe used to be in the same district when I was in school and we both stunk. I guess I just like to see the big dogs get beat every once in a while. Neville is our so called Atlanta Falcons, hated rivals. Bastrop has a tough game Saturday against O.P. Walker in New Orleans. Gonna be tough. Refs aren't usually to good on North La teams in the more southern areas and Bastrop gets enough penalties as it is.

West Monroe plays Westgate out of New Iberia next week not sure who has to travel. But Westgate beat Dutchtown the #1 seed last night. It should be a good game. The Acadiana area has three team in the semis in 5 A so there will be at least one team from the area representing in 5 A and maybe one in 4A with Tuerlings still alive. In 3A we have Notre Dame of Crowley. Acadiana play STM which should be a great game. Hope they decide to play it at Cajun Field.

Westgate will be the home team.

It looked like Jesuit was affected by the cold last night, they weren't tackling well at all. WM looked good, but they didn't seem to be any more talented than any other team. They may have just had a bit too much speed for us. The story of the game was third down. Jesuit kept getting them in third and long, but couldn't get them off the field. Jays couldn't convert on third, either. At half Jesuit was 1/7 against 5/7 on third.

No I'm a Bastrop grad. Bastrop and W. Monroe used to be in the same district when I was in school and we both stunk. I guess I just like to see the big dogs get beat every once in a while. Neville is our so called Atlanta Falcons, hated rivals. Bastrop has a tough game Saturday against O.P. Walker in New Orleans. Gonna be tough. Refs aren't usually to good on North La teams in the more southern areas and Bastrop gets enough penalties as it is.
I grew up playing against Bastrop Jr and H.S. I always felt that they had the horses, but never a decent coach. Happy to see Bradshaw string together some winning seasons. Even happier to see Strop start beating Neville.

WM has absolutely amazing fan and booster support. Their strength program is one of the best in the country. What Don Shows has done in turning a school that was once everyone's homecoming opponent into a powerhouse that contends for the state championship every year and occasionally the national polls is nothing short of unbelievable. I'm happy to have been a very small part of the turnaround.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom