Jets blitz 62% of the time (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/9020/stats-put-jets-kitchen-sink-d-in-perspective

The Jets are sending more 5 or more rushers on 62.6% of the time. The think I have noticed is the QB they have played so far have not taken many chances on trying let there WR make plays by throwing the ball up. With Henderson speed and Colston/Meachem size the Saints need to take some chances and let there WR makes play downfield.

And if Brees even throws a couple of ints on plays downfield they are the same as punts.

I expect a run heavy/short pass game plan. Brees cannot rely on his blindside against such a blitz happy scheme and its best not to have plays in which he is relying on the integrity of the pocket.

We blitz a lot too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/3426/saints-havent-hesitated-with-blitz
We’ve talked repeatedly for months about how coordinator Gregg Williams would bring a more aggressive attitude to the New Orleans defense. Now, we’ve got the numbers to back it up.

Through the first three weeks of the season, the Saints have blitzed far more often than any team in the NFC South. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Saints have gone with their standard four-man rush 54.33 percent of the time and used added pressure (at least one extra rusher) 45.67 percent of the time.

Of course that is padded by the last game. It's good to know our D can perform when we blitz or chose not to blitz. Rex Ryan isn't stupid. He knows that he can't send a bunch of blitzes at Brees and Co. all day. That would play into what we want them to do.

If they bring backers, Bush & Shockey should light 'em up. If they bring safeties, Henderson and Meachem will have big days.

The Bills opted to cover like mad and send the front four upfield on every play. It worked to slow down Brees, but left them open for the run.

If the Jets decide not to cover, Brees will steal their lunch money and make them like it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/9020/stats-put-jets-kitchen-sink-d-in-perspective

The Jets are sending more 5 or more rushers on 62.6% of the time. The think I have noticed is the QB they have played so far have not taken many chances on trying let there WR make plays by throwing the ball up. With Henderson speed and Colston/Meachem size the Saints need to take some chances and let there WR makes play downfield.

And if Brees even throws a couple of ints on plays downfield they are the same as punts.

If it's a long enough throw and the receiver makes the tackle it's kinda like a punt. However, even if you tell yourself this is why you're taking the risk, interceptions still take some wind out of your sails. Brees should play conservatively as he did in the Jets game as long as our defense is holding out. The Jets will screw up eventually and we'll take advantage of it.

That's great. I have confidence that our offense (not just Drew) will be ready for them.

I wonder if Ryan & Sanchez will be ready for the Saints to blitz them 60% of the time, the way we did Edwards last week? (37 of 61 offensive plays)

If we do blitz Sanchez 60% of the time like we did Edwards, and if Ryan blitzes the Saints 66% of the time... Which offense do you think will win that battle?

The #1 ranked Saints offense that is 2nd in rushing and 6th in passing, or the the #20 ranked Jets offense (with a rookie QB) that is 25th in passing and 11th in rushing?

Bring it on, Ryan... Bring it on... Lookin' forward to it.

I think Sanchez is in for a rude awakening......today, Tim Ryan on Sirius said what GW wants his D to do to Sanchez, if he takes off with the ball.......hit him hard, so he turns back towards his own goal post! LOL!

best comment off that link

Here are the numbers.
The completion percentage against the Jets defense, is a mere 49.5%. The average QB rating against the Jets is a pathetic 50.2.
Not 1 QB has gotten above a 60 rating against them

Here are the numbers.
The completion percentage against the Jets defense, is a mere 49.5%. The average QB rating against the Jets is a pathetic 50.2.

Drew Brees completes 69.1% of his passes

Something's got to give. I say the Saints ...in a huge win at home.

:gosaints:

Drew Brees completes 69.1% of his passes

brees is a mahcine. i've said it before. but he hasn't faced a defense like this. i have alot of respect for brees and think he is a top 3 QB but lets see if he can figure out what teh jets are doing

brees is a mahcine. i've said it before. but he hasn't faced a defense like this. i have alot of respect for brees and think he is a top 3 QB but lets see if he can figure out what teh jets are doing

I also have to agreee, Bress is a mahcine. he is teh best Qb ever.

Here are the numbers.

Drew against the Bills, 55.2%/72.8 RTG.
Pierre Thoms 14/126 and 2 tds!!

Drew against the Bills, 55.2%/72.8 RTG.
Pierre Thoms 14/126 and 2 tds!!

difference is no RB has had 100 yard game on us were not stopping the pass while letting teams run. were stopping them both. were 5th against the pass and 9th against the run. and we faced chris johnson who is a better RB then you guys have. i'm not trashing pierre or bell cause i like them both, just syaing CJ is a top 5 RB. i mean the week before the jets he ran for 190+ yards and caught over 100 yards as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom