Jets DC Gregg Williams -- Will he come up with another blitzkrieg? (1 Viewer)

I'm sure many of you remember the first pre-season game of 2011. Gregg Williams dialed up an unusual gameplan, especially for a pre-season game. He had his defense blitz almost every down sometimes sending as many as 7 or 8 men rushes. He did it the whole game. I don't know if he had some vendetta against the 49ers, but it wasn't pretty bad for them. The D amassed 6 sacks, 7 tackles for a loss, 10 QB hits, 2 INTs, 8 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries. We won the game 24-3.

Considering there is probably still some ill-will between Williams and Payton, would he be vindictive enough to try something unusual this week?
Some unfortunate terminology there, Blitzkrieg

If her does blitz like he did back in that 2011 preseason game against the 49ers, I'll enjoy watching Brees slice up his secondary while he does.

He supposedly did that because Harbaugh wouldn't agree to playing a vanilla game like coaches apparently agree to when meeting up before the game. If he ends up getting TB or TH killed and injured, I'll hate him even more than I already do, but I honestly believe Drew will diagnose it all pre-snap and make them pay. GW should know better than anyone how lethal Brees is when being blitzed (and Brees surely remembers what his blitzes looked like).

[moderator hat on] I have cleaned up this thread. Many posts were deleted. If all you have to contribute to a thread is harping on misspelling or grammar, then just don't respond. Contribute to the thread, don't derail it.

Last edited:
We better be ready... and we will be. This is the kind of game we really get up for usually

I’m not a fan of Nazi war strategy terminology being used to describe sports strategy. I’m not gonna go to the mat over it, but it’s unfortunate.
You do realize "blitz" is short for "blitzkrieg" right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom