jets do have some meat in the middle! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
After watching the game replay Jenkins and the jets pressure will certainly have to be factored into a SAINTS win and our QUIETLY Awesome (IMHO) "O"-line need to take this challenge and our "D"-line must stay focused again with another outstanding game.

Those jets have a stout "D"-line but if we can hold our blocks and protect "Cool Brees", it's an easier win than most think, JMHO!

So do we....

JahriEvans2.jpg
NicksTraining_medium.jpg
hs_6040.jpg

Thats almost a 1000 pounds of man in the middle of our offensive line. I like our chances :9:

We've faced Kris Jenkins for almost a decade at this point. Payton will be fully aware of his abilities.

we played this in game 1.

grady-jackson-atl-102807.jpg

and ran for almost 160.

Man Nicks is a beast, it has to be intimadating to line up across from him.

we played this in game 1.

grady-jackson-atl-102807.jpg

and ran for almost 160.
And now you get to play this...

jetex.gif

Gotta say though, all the fans here in NY are very wary of the Saints and their talent on both sides of the ball. No NYC Bravado evident this week. Here's to a good game.

And now you get to play this...

jetex.gif

Gotta say though, all the fans here in NY are very wary of the Saints and their talent on both sides of the ball. No NYC Bravado evident this week. Here's to a good game.

i want you to pay very close attention to #73 jhari evans (6'5 320) in the black and gold and how he handles macus stroud. and what's more. please pay attention to the wall of jeremy shockey (6'5 260) zack streif (6'7 345) carl nicks (6'5) 330 and heath evans (6'2 255)on the left side of our line.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812f67e5

you guys have a lot of size to cope with yourselves.

reggie bush had 67 yards on your boy jenkins when he played down here. before. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271007018

and he's our smallest back.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007100703/2007/REG5/panthers@saints#tab:watch

i want you to pay very close attention to #73 jhari evans (6'5 320) in the black and gold and how he handles macus stroud. and what's more. please pay attention to the wall of jeremy shockey (6'5 260) zack streif (6'7 345) carl nicks (6'5) 330 and heath evans (6'2 255)on the left side of our line.

Will do. For as long as it is interesting, one way or the other. Your boys look real big on paper, that's for sure. Assuming they will look big on the field -- though not quite ready to surrender the game simply on size measurements, the pregame opinions or the Vegas line; let's let them play. But believe me, Jets fans are giving your guys "props" and respect. Watched a replay of the Bills/Saints game. Bills did not impress (simply picked a poison in order to look adequate in one facet of the game), so hoping Jets can bring much better than what the Bills offered up on either side of the ball.

reggie bush had 67 yards on your boy jenkins when he played down here. before. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271007018
and he's our smallest back.

How many yards did he get against the other defensive lineman in that game? If he went for 67 just against Jenkins, your boy must of had a heck of game.

Good luck this week and for the rest of the season.

Will do. For as long as it is interesting, one way or the other. Your boys look real big on paper, that's for sure. Assuming they will look big on the field -- though not quite ready to surrender the game simply on size measurements, the pregame opinions or the Vegas line; let's let them play. But believe me, Jets fans are giving your guys "props" and respect. Watched a replay of the Bills/Saints game. Bills did not impress (simply picked a poison in order to look adequate in one facet of the game), so hoping Jets can bring much better than what the Bills offered up on either side of the ball.

How many yards did he get against the other defensive lineman in that game? If he went for 67 just against Jenkins, your boy must of had a heck of game.

nor would i expect you to. just saying that we can run the ball.

that game in 2007 is still pretty clear in my mind. most of his yards that game (i believe about 44) came from running down hill directly at the middle but mostly in the first half as well.

when we started running the ball to the outside in the second half at beason we got stuffed. reggie runs best inside.

Everybody here know Jenkins well, he's a good player that can be dominant but he also wears out quickly if he stays on the field. If our offense can control the ball the way they've been doing Jenkins will disappear in the 2nd half. But if we can't stay on the field and allow him to play less than 10 snaps/drive then he could be trouble.

i don't know how afraid we should be.

when the jets faced two balanced offenses last year they got trucked (SD, Denver).
jenkins played both those games yet both teams ran for over 100.

i know this isn't last year's jets but without pace, strictland, and sheppard they are gonna look very similar to the team that got sliced up by Jay cutler and phillip rivers for 5TD passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom