Jets fans perdictions (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=48986

Here's my thoughts on what the keys to the game will be this upcoming Sunday. This is going to be our toughest challenge yet by far, but that does not mean we cannot win. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Superdome - God damnit, Drew Brees is just SOOO good indoors. If we were playing this game at home, I would like our chances a lot better. All you have to do is look at Drew's numbers indoors vs. outdoors and it's like night and day. I do not think he has ever thrown for over 300 yards outdoors. He also averages many less touchdowns. Brees is a great QB, but let's face it, he does not have a cannon. Playing inside make his game that much better, and that much harder for us to defend. To anyone that will point to the bills being down only 10-7 at halftime, that is case in point. Brees didnt even throw for 200 yards and had 0 TDs. Which brings me to my next point....

2. Stopping Pierre Thomas - He is back and looked very very good against the bills last week. He was the reason NO dominated that game. We have been good at bottling up RBs so far this season, but when they have such a dominant passing game complimented with Thomas making plays in the run game, the saints can be virtually unstoppable. We will have to plug holes very well and make sure tackles to stop them from establishing the run or we could be in for a long day.

3. Pass Rush - I think we will need to generate pass rush with only 4-5 guys for the majority of the game or we really risk brees picking us apart. He has only been sacked 4 times this year and the saints' O-line is above average. Scheming and confusion in the blitz packages will be absolutely key to keep Brees unsettled while keeping all, or most of their weapons covered. This can play a huge role in my next key...

4. Turnovers - Both us and the Saints have been good at getting turnovers. Saints have been good because they are consistently playing with a huge lead.. we have been forcing turnovers by pressuring the QB. There is one more wrinkle to this - the Sanchez factor. He has done well so far and has not LOST us any games to this point.. however his rookie mistakes have led to quite a few turnovers which luckily have not hurt us in the win column so far. We cannot afford these mistakes in this game because the saints will take advantage more often than not. This is why I think we will need to take the ball out of his hands and focus on the run moreso than in previous games. I trust him to make a plays in the clutch and to make accurate throws, but I'm hesitant to take as many chances with him dropping back 5 and 7 steps on 1st and 2nd downs. I think we will need to have more quick throws and pick our spots with play action.

5. Establishing the run game - This is a no brainer. Obviously we want to keep their offense off the field and the easiest way to do that is to keep ours on. We've played some tough defensive teams so far this season and have had some trouble getting our runners going. I think this is our first real chance to show what this team can do in the run game. I also think this will be the first game we see Shonn Greene out there. I also know how much everyone hates the draw play, bringing back terrible memories of Hackett in years past, but I think we will want to run some draws and screens as the saints will probably be blitzing to fill holes and try to rattle our rookie qb.

6. DBs -I really hope that sheppard and Strickland can play in this game, because Lowry obviously cannot handle the 2nd CB role. He got beat a LOT against the titans, but was very lucky to have his WRs dropping passes everywhere. Saints WRs will not drop those passes, and Devery Henderson will simply burn him. If those guys can't go, look for a lot of help for lowry over the top, hampering the rest of our defensive gameplan. This one really scares me.

Overall, I think this is a winnable game, but I do not think we will be able to stop their offense. If we can get a few turnovers and hold the saints to fieldgoals, we can definitely come of NO with a win, but this is much easier said than done. Some guys on the D-line and DB corp. as well as RBs (thomas jones *cough*) will really have to step up. Either way it is pretty exciting and i'm VERY eager to see how we stack up against one of, if not THE, NFCs best in a hostile environment.

This will be a very frustrating loss for them. They will not understand how many ways we can hit them in the teeth until it's over.

he forgot one thing... Drew Brees wants revenge from that ravens game... Remember, he said that after watching the film, he wishes that they could have played them again...

Do they really think our defense is that bad. The bills only td score last week was in the first quarter on a fake FG. Our defense shocked me. Idk how they didn't get atleast a FG!! GW is a beast!!

I'm a little nervous about this game because they've beat some solid teams. But I'm confident that we can rise to the occasion. If our D steps up again, they will be the difference. I expect the O to be a little better since we're indoors, but they will be faced with a solid D once again. If we can score early and often we may force the rookie into some mistakes but I don't see the Jets D allowing that to happen. This could be close or it could be a blowout but the latter will require some luck.

"I do not think he has ever thrown for over 300 yards outdoors."

Wrong. He threw for 311 @ Philly week 2.

This post from a Jets fan was really quite good. There isn't mush to add, other than he may have underestimated the Saints run D. NYJ could win this game, but if all phases of NOS are working like they were against the Bills we should win. Jets > Bills, especially in the ground D, but being at home will be a big boost.

This post from a Jets fan was really quite good. There isn't mush to add, other than he may have underestimated the Saints run D. NYJ could win this game, but if all phases of NOS are working like they were against the Bills we should win. Jets > Bills, especially in the ground D, but being at home will be a big boost.

Especially the improved weather. That will let the Jets air it more so our defense won't be quite as awesome as they were against the Bills, but we should still end up getting ahead and forcing them to try and shoot it out (resulting in turnovers).

Do they really think our defense is that bad. The bills only td score last week was in the first quarter on a fake FG. Our defense shocked me. Idk how they didn't get atleast a FG!! GW is a beast!!

It's funny you should say that. They didn't get a field goal because they successfully pulled off a fake and got a TD instead. I know that was special teams, and the field goal wasn't guaranteed to go in had they tried it, but I don't think we can say the defense quite pitched a shut out.

But you know what, it's close enough for me :9:

First of all, the 3-4 defense is a defense where it's best to run the ball up the middle, and we are definitely good at that. If the Jets do all that blitz stuff like Philly did and we use the same type of game plan we should do well there. I too don't think the Jets fan realizes just what our defense is all about or just how good they are and they're only getting better as the season goes along but that's still the case with everyone in the nation, not just the Jets.

Jets Fans Consensus said:
Beat Brees, beat the Saints

While Brees is our biggest threat, most of the Jets fans there are underestimating our offensive depth. The Bills had Brees' number plus there was a wind element, but we still beat them with the run. I understand that the Jets have a better run D than the Bills, but we're on our turf for this one. Which means Dome and Home-field Advantage for Drew, plus I think he's itching to play a better game. PLUS our run game.

The Jets haven't played an offense like ours yet. Houston's offense is OK but not that great. The Pats have proven they have no run game and Brady isn't gonna throw for 50 TDs again. Kerry Collins is as old as Methuselah and their receivers...eh. All of those offenses were one dimensional and the Jets stopped it. They're good, no doubt and that D is great but I don't think they're gonna stop us like they think they are.

As for our defense, well, Mark Sanchez is getting a lot of love, but he's thrown for 606 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs at 59% with an 87.7 QB Rating. Good, but I think with our loud crowd and some of the blitzes we can stop their O. All in all I think this is gonna be a great game, but I'm confident the Saints can pull this one off in great fashion.

And personally, I wanna see them make Mark Sanchez look like the rookie he is, kinda tired of all the talk he gets all week, since commute from NO to BR and back everyday and all I listen to is sports radio, so hopefully I won't have to hear songs of his praise next week.

I see this game being a complete blowout by the time it's all said and done! Like 40-10 blowout...Brees and Co will get a few early scores, then Williams and Co will expose the Rookie for what he is...a ROOKIE!!! I really don't even see this game being close at halftime, but who knows, it may take until the 3rd before the floodgates open and Breesus reigns down his thunder!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom