N/S Jets fire general manager Mike Maccagnan as Adam Gase grabs power. Gase installed a interim GM. (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Even if Gase is interim GM, that's an awful lot of power given to somebody who has never succeeded as a HC or a GM in the NFL.
Saints better lock up Jeff Ireland...and quick!

Even if Gase is interim GM, that's an awful lot of power given to somebody who has never succeeded as a HC or a GM in the NFL.
Saints better lock up Jeff Ireland...and quick!

From the article, they are looking at Eagles’ vice president of player personnel, Joe Douglas. Apparently Douglas and Gase are friends.

But the Jets going after Ireland would not shock me. Being how he has experience in the AFC East.

Z

I hope Gase succeeds... unlike when he was in Miami.

As an aside... I saw an SUV the other day. In the rear window, it had a Jets' sticker on the left side, and a Dolphins' sticker on the right side.

That would be like having a Fleur-de-lis on one side, and a dirty bird sticker on the other.

Talk about a total clash......

Was Ireland in Miami with Gase? Maybe they don’t send each other Christmas cards.

If I were Douglas or Ireland I wouldn't go near this dumpster fire of an organization. The GM just set you up with a franchise QB (at least franchise prospect/high draft pick), franchise RB, and a bunch of other assets, and gets thrown out on his arse.

No thanks.

I doubt any good GM candidate including Ireland would want to go there. They would be stuck with a mediocre head coach, unproven QB, and an overpaid RB all picked by the previous GM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom