N/S Jets hire Robert Saleh (1 Viewer)

Honestly this is awesome. My father-in-law is from NY and a Jets fan. He’s been way too depressed for far too long. Saleh was arguably the most sought after new HC this year, with a lot of vacancies available. I’m not saying he’ll turn them into SB contenders, but I think he’ll do well there. It’s a low bar, admittedly, but this should at least give those poor NYJ fans a legitimate reason to be excited.

Honestly this is awesome. My father-in-law is from NY and a Jets fan. He’s been way too depressed for far too long. Saleh was arguably the most sought after new HC this year, with a lot of vacancies available. I’m not saying he’ll turn them into SB contenders, but I think he’ll do well there. It’s a low bar, admittedly, but this should at least give those poor NYJ fans a legitimate reason to be excited.

Eric Bieniemy is the most sought after HC. He won't be able to get interviewed unless the Chiefs give permission or get eliminated from the playoffs. The Jets rushed this hire in my opinion,but they've been known to make bad decisions the last several years

Eric Bieniemy is the most sought after HC. He won't be able to get interviewed unless the Chiefs give permission or get eliminated from the playoffs. The Jets rushed this hire in my opinion,but they've been known to make bad decisions the last several years

If the Saleh hire doesn’t work out, it’s not because the Jets rushed or made a bad decision. I would’ve ranked this guy #2 or #3 on the market behind Beinemy & possibly Arthur Smith.

I’ve been on record as saying the Jets should pursue a stabilizing force like Gary Kubiak, but if you can’t have the culture changing HC for a dysfunctional franchise the next best thing is to take the defensive mastermind..

Saleh fielded a serviceable defense this season with what would have been insurmountable injuries under most DCs. And that SF D when fully healthy in 2019 was arguably the league’s best unit. Saleh is a HR hire for what appeared to be the worst job available.

If the Saleh hire doesn’t work out, it’s not because the Jets rushed or made a bad decision. I would’ve ranked this guy #2 or #3 on the market behind Beinemy & possibly Arthur Smith.

I’ve been on record as saying the Jets should pursue a stabilizing force like Gary Kubiak, but if you can’t have the culture changing HC for a dysfunctional franchise the next best thing is to take the defensive mastermind..

Saleh fielded a serviceable defense this season with what would have been insurmountable injuries under most DCs. And that SF D when fully healthy in 2019 was arguably the league’s best unit. Saleh is a HR hire for what appeared to be the worst job available.
I think Saleh is perfect for what the Jets need. They need a complete and total start from scratch culture change. Saleh’s demeanor and the things he’s shown to be able to do with a depleted unit is what you need when you’re trying to basically start a rebuild of a franchise (that hasn’t really been “built” for nearly a decade). He’s not some guy whose really ridden the coattails of some super amazing HC (See the Belichick coaching tree), and he’s not a head case like Gase.

Idk why- but I’ve always felt like if you make a bad hire and strike out with an “offensive guy” and your franchise is in shambles, you go with a proven defensive guy to lay a foundation. I think his close relationship with Mike Lefleur also made him a hot commodity, given that it seems like wherever Saleh went, Lefleur was coming with him. I think they’re like best friends in real life or something.

I said arguably. And I said arguably because I’ve heard Saleh’s name mentioned more concerning vacancies that have popped up throughout the year. Obviously I’m sure teams are eager for a shot at Bienemy, but IMO, you have to wonder how much of KC’s success is Bienemy, versus how much is it Andy Reid? Not to mention they have PM, who could probably make most coaches look pretty decent as an OC.

I’m not discounting Bienemy either. Players and coaches seem to love him, but I do wonder what he brings to the table in an already ideal offensive situation. Kinda like with Pete Carmichael I guess.

it’s kind of a catch 22, especially in years where there is a lot of turnover.you want to get one of those guys that are having success this late in the season but you have the other new regimes already hiring the best coordinators and position coaches. If I liked what I saw, I’d probably want to pull the trigger also.

I thought he was going to Philly. Maybe the Jets will start to turn things around.

I think this is a good hire for the Jets plus it impacts the whiners!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom