Jets Insider Pegs Saints as Potential Trade Partners: ‘Wouldn’t Surprise Me’ (1 Viewer)

• Admin
GettyImages-1163753742-e1634868406883.jpg

Getty Images

By Paul A. Esden Jr.

The New York Jets are going to continue to hear their name brought up in trade talks as we approach the deadline on November 2.

Whether fairly or unfairly, this team has been labeled a seller by the masses, and NFL teams are like vultures flying over a rotting carcass. If they think they can get a deal and swipe a key piece to improve their title chances, they’ll do it.

There is a lot of speculation if the Jets will be sellers at the deadline. If history is any indication, general manager Joe Douglas will certainly answer the phone if it rings.

One team that could be calling the green and white sooner rather than later is the New Orleans Saints.

“I think the Saints should consider trading for Jamison Crowder or Denzel Mims,” said ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini on the Flight Deck podcast. “They need wide receivers and Crowder is a polished guy that could step right in. Mims is more of a long-term project but that wouldn’t surprise me if the Saints come knocking looking for some wideouts.”

New Orleans simply don’t have the horses to compete at wide receiver:

• Chris Hogan
  • Marquez Callaway
  • Lil’Jordan Humphrey
  • Ty Montgomery
  • Kenny Stills
  • Deonte Harris
They also have a pair of talented wide receivers who are banged up in Tre’Quan Smith (injured reserve) and Michael Thomas (physically unable to perform list). It sounds like Thomas is still “a few weeks away.” So they could obviously use a ton of help in that department. ...

Full Story - heavy.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom