Jets' Lito Sheppard & Donald Strickland not expected to play against Saints (1 Viewer)

Can't wait for this game. I am in India so will have to watch it at 2:00 in the morning on Monday...

If Lance, Devery Meachem, and Shockey are all available on Sunday, it's going to be tough on this defense to stop Drew. The ONLY shot they have is to get good pressure with just the front 3 or 4 rushers. If they blitz a lot, they are likely to open up space for one of those guys or even Reggie Bush.

If they sell out to stop the pass (with blitzing or overloading the secondary), then we run Pierre Thomas and Hamilton down their throats.

Our defense is going to have to have a good game against the rookie though.

Looks like Lito has a better chance of playing than Strickland.

That still leaves ya short... Simply too many weapons to cover: Colston, Henderson, Moore (yes, he's playing), Meachem, Shockey, Bush, & even a FB that can catch and run - Evans... As a Jets fan, I'm sure you're familiar with Heath.

Just too many weapons... And your O still needs to figure out a way to score more than 20 points... Just not gonna happen.

That still leaves ya short... Simply too many weapons to cover: Colston, Henderson, Moore (yes, he's playing), Meachem, Shockey, Bush, & even a FB that can catch and run - Evans... As a Jets fan, I'm sure you're familiar with Heath.

Just too many weapons... And your O still needs to figure out a way to score more than 20 points... Just not gonna happen.

You're making it seem as if all these guys are going to be on the field at the same time. We have several weapons on defense as well, so we'll see what happens.

And the O has scored more than 20 points just fine

we onlt have 5 Cbs on the roster and 3 are down. wow
so were looking at
#1 revis (1)
#2 lowery (4)
#3 coleman (5)
#4 E.smith (back-up safety)
#5 ???????????/

i think we'll sign corey ivy if both can't go

We also have Ahmad Carrol and Marquice Cole on the roster (Ryan seems high on Cole).

But no, not good.

You're making it seem as if all these guys are going to be on the field at the same time. We have several weapons on defense as well, so we'll see what happens.

And the O has scored more than 20 points just fine

What are you talking about? Take out the FB (Heath Evans) and that is a set that this offense runs ALL of the time. Those guys are always on the field together??? :shrug:

Expect more play time from our 3rd safety (starter last season):

Eric Smith

Smith played traditional safety for former coach Eric Mangini, occupying the deep part of the field. Ryan and Pettine, however, slid him into their “X” position, a hybrid safety/linebacker asked to move all over the place. Smith opened his mind and embraced the challenge.
“This is really the first time I’ve moved around like that,” said Smith, who missed six games last season due to two concussions. “We kind of rotate through. Everybody ends up everywhere.”
Smith had a pivotal pass breakup on third down during the Patriots’ final drive in the Jets’ Week 2 win over their AFC East rivals.
He earned a game ball for his standout performance last week in their victory over the Titans. The fourth-year pro picked up his fourth career interception to go along with six solo tackles and two passes defensed. He covered tight end Alge Crumpler, spied running back Chris Johnson and played underneath zone coverage on wide receivers.
Smith would be the likely candidate to cover Saints’ pass-catching threat Reggie Bush out of the backfield Sunday.

Anyone who wore a similar jersey to this one:

DS_136401_l.jpg

is not someone I want the Saints to play. Lito Sheppard is a very talented CB, he shut down Randy Moss in the closest game of the Patriots 16-0 regular season run.

I have a hard time believing they won't. That's the defense and mentality Rex Ryan has been preaching, what they've won with, and what they will continue to win with after this game.

That's the sense I got from listening to Ryan's interview with Brian Allee Walsh yesterday. Walsh asked him if he felt like blitzing on most plays was a trade off b/c of the risk involved, and Ryan responded that he didn't think of it that way, that he's not going to sit back and let a QB like Brees have time to pick his D apart and that if he has to blitz 8 to get the job done he will do it.

Expect more play time from our 3rd safety (starter last season):

Eric Smith

I read where he had quite a few challenges when Rex came in, and was eventually benched as a starter. He has since regained Rex's good graces, but he's no match for Reggie. He's too slow.

I read where he had quite a few challenges when Rex came in, and was eventually benched as a starter. He has since regained Rex's good graces, but he's no match for Reggie. He's too slow.

He got the game ball last week, and has flourished under Rex thus far. His play is what has made the 3-3-5 an effective formation for us.

Anyone who wore a similar jersey to this one:

DS_136401_l.jpg

is not someone I want the Saints to play. Lito Sheppard is a very talented CB, he shut down Randy Moss in the closest game of the Patriots 16-0 regular season run.

I believe he was also second worst in the league at giving up big plays a couple of years ago (Behind only Jason David).

I could be wrong, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom