Jets' Lito Sheppard & Donald Strickland not expected to play against Saints (1 Viewer)

He's too slow to match up against Reggie, but most safeties are.

They were able to prevent a big day from Chris Johnson, and that's what they'll hope to do against Reggie and anyone else coming out of the backfield.

That's the sense I got from listening to Ryan's interview with Brian Allee Walsh yesterday. Walsh asked him if he felt like blitzing on most plays was a trade off b/c of the risk involved, and Ryan responded that he didn't think of it that way, that he's not going to sit back and let a QB like Brees have time to pick his D apart and that if he has to blitz 8 to get the job done he will do it.

Bringing 8 would be such a feast or famine gamble. Wow. I could see it producing a turnover or a long TD.

If the offense was already on the 10 yrd line and ready to score it would make a lot of sense. 3 people can cover the 20 yrds of space better than if there was more space.

They were able to prevent a big day from Chris Johnson, and that's what they'll hope to do against Reggie and anyone else coming out of the backfield.

Their biggest concern in defending Reggie won't be when he's coming out of the back field. It's when Ryan sends all of those blitzes and Drew dumps it off to Reggie.

Very few defenders in the NFL will stop Reggie one-on-one in open space, let alone a slow safety.

Incorrect. Sheppard will travel and dress, but not start. He will be available.

Stop trolling, from rotoworld.com
Jets RCB Lito Sheppard (quadriceps) has been formally ruled out for Week 4.
Nickel back Donald Strickland (ankle) is also out. If the Saints are smart, they'll flood the field with wideouts Sunday to capitalize on New York's depth woes in the seconday. Batman Carroll may even have to play some defense.

Lmao, guess he should be more up to date on his own team lol

Jets beat writer reported what I said-- moments later Rex ruled him completely out.

Either way, Lito IS able to run, etc-- Rex said it just wouldn't be fair to the guys who have practiced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom