Jets may be interested in Saints WR Coach John Morton for OC (1 Viewer)

ozwego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The Jets are showing interest in former Texans offensive coordinator George Godsey, according to a league source. They could interview him for their vacant OC position as soon as tomorrow at the Senior Bowl. Godsey and the Texans mutually parted ways after the playoff loss to the Patriots. The Texans finished 29th in total offense, as $72 million QB Brock Osweiler struggled. The Jets also have interest in Saints WRs coach John Morton, per source.

From Rich Cimini Twitter. Take it for what it's worth.

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Not only is it inexcusable that we aren't acquiring top coaches for our vacant positions but we absolutely can't afford to lose the few decent coaches we have.

How do you know we aren't acquiring top coaches? We haven't announced anything yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How do you know we aren't acquiring top coaches? We haven't announced anything yet.

Exactly.

We've interviewed one and planned to interview another (who chose another team). That's the only thing that has been announced. Doesn't exactly give me warm and fuzzy feelings.

In all honestly I have no idea what goes on, but I'm uneasy and it will only be helped by information which probably won't come until after the super bowl.

And why the secrecy? It is 19 days already since coaches were fired. Other teams at the same time have fired head coaches, hired new ones, new defensive and offensive coordinators. Some are building their staff quiet well.

And here? you can hear the crickets on Airline Drive.

I don't know if they have the replacements or not, or even if they have them by day 2, but no reason to keep this quiet.

If you want to have better results you have to plan ahead. You should arrive to the Senior Bowl with full staff, with an idea of the profile of players you need and want.

You should not use the Senior Bowl as a coaches convention, where you trade cards and arrange meetings for later.

If you have a commitment to improve the team the best way possible, then you act quick, chose the better candidates and give them instructions of what they should be doing.

I hope that they did it this way, and just didn't have the courtesy to let us know...

And why the secrecy? It is 19 days already since coaches were fired. Other teams at the same time have fired head coaches, hired new ones, new defensive and offensive coordinators. Some are building their staff quiet well.

I don't know if they have the replacements or not, or even if they have them by day 2, but no reason to keep this quiet.

If you want to have better results you have to plan ahead. You should arrive to the Senior Bowl with full staff, with an idea of the profile of players you need and want.

You should not use the Senior Bowl as a coaches convention, where you trade cards and arrange meetings for later.

If you have a commitment to improve the team the best way possible, then you act quick, chose the better candidates and give them instructions of what they should be doing.

I hope that they did it this way, and just didn't have the courtesy to let us know...

It's not like they usually telegraph everything they are doing. I'm not sure where everyone's anxiety comes from in the regard. I will say, however, that you bring up a good point about the senior bowl. It'd be useful to have the staff in place in order to do a good job in player evaluation, which has been lacking. But getting upset over perceived story lines resulting from known unreliable sources on twitter? Meh.

This is where a solid football GM comes in. When Mueller was here, the Saints didn't waste anytime building their staff.

To give the benefit of doubt, they could be waiting to steal someone off of the Falcons staff; who knows...

Or maybe we are eyeing someone on the Pats or (gulp) Falcons staff. It happens alot after the superbowl. Maybe the best guy for the job is currently busy until later in Feb?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom