N/S Jets Players sent home(COVID) (1 Viewer)

I seriously doubt there will be a death.

giphy.gif

I am aware that some players are fiscally irresponsible. I remember ESPN's 30 for 30 film about it. If you're making at minimum mid-6-figures salary each year, you should be able to have $ saved up for a rainy day.

I would respectfully suggest that you have no working knowledge of most players’ net vs outlays
Your presumption would have to assume that all players saved at least as much as they spent last year - I imagine there’s only a handful of people on the planet for whom that’s true

Last edited:
I am aware that some players are fiscally irresponsible. I remember ESPN's 30 for 30 film about it. If you're making at minimum mid-6-figures salary each year, you should be able to have $ saved up for a rainy day.
My ex had an MBA from Yale and - her advice was to have 3 months of expenses in savings
Some football players are financially irresponsible just like lawyers, doctors, teachers, et al
Precious few of us could absorb losing a year’s salary

Preemptive positive = False positive

True or preemptive? the Falcons will win this week.

I seriously doubt there will be a death.

Thank you for making sense in this crazy time. If there was a spike in hospitalizations or deaths, they would be trumpeting it all over the place, but they're stuck reporting new 'cases'. We always knew there would be more cases, the U.S. is doing more testing than any other country, by orders of magnitude, and frankly, if the hospitalizations and deaths remain flat, more cases is a good thing, gets us closer to herd immunity.

Thank you for making sense in this crazy time. If there was a spike in hospitalizations or deaths, they would be trumpeting it all over the place, but they're stuck reporting new 'cases'. We always knew there would be more cases, the U.S. is doing more testing than any other country, by orders of magnitude, and frankly, if the hospitalizations and deaths remain flat, more cases is a good thing, gets us closer to herd immunity.
And more people dying before getting a vaccine.

And more people dying before getting a vaccine.
"Hundreds of millions of doses will be available every month and we expect to have enough vaccines for every American by April".

"Soon".

"Before the election".

"Momentarily".

In as little as "four weeks".

It's probably already here, but we just aren't paying attention.

I've been reading about why false positives keep coming out on initial tests. Many of the doctors discuss that the tests don't quantify the virus load and any trace of the virus, no matter how small trigger positive results. So, the best example that they provided so a knucklehead like me could understand was: say they tested everyone for cancer or herpes using non quantitative tests. Almost all tests would come back positive because we all have some in our system. We only become sick (symptomatic) when there are enough virus cells to cluster. Which, hopefully we never have happened to us. Also. I read that some of these tests trigger positive results when certain proteins that are associated with the virus are present, despite no virus detection. That's why the second tests, which measure the virus loads come back negative most of the time. Once they quantify the virus load, they determine the amount to be below contagious levels.

I just figured I would pass that along in case anyone wondered why these initial false positives keep happening.

This is gonna happen throughout the year. I've honestly been really impressed with how little issue there has been up until this past week.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that after weeks and weeks of no problems or clusters for most teams, alot of players got a little too comfortable and have now started to take more risk/break protocols etc. The Peltzman Effect could apply here: (Paraphrasing) "The safer one feels, the more careless one tends to be"
My prediction BEFORE the season started, was the UNDER of 8 weeks before the season was called. I am looking good. Just wish I could have made the bet with a sports/prop book.

I've been reading about why false positives keep coming out on initial tests. Many of the doctors discuss that the tests don't quantify the virus load and any trace of the virus, no matter how small trigger positive results. So, the best example that they provided so a knucklehead like me could understand was: say they tested everyone for cancer or herpes using non quantitative tests. Almost all tests would come back positive because we all have some in our system. We only become sick (symptomatic) when there are enough virus cells to cluster. Which, hopefully we never have happened to us. Also. I read that some of these tests trigger positive results when certain proteins that are associated with the virus are present, despite no virus detection. That's why the second tests, which measure the virus loads come back negative most of the time. Once they quantify the virus load, they determine the amount to be below contagious levels.

I just figured I would pass that along in case anyone wondered why these initial false positives keep happening.
While what you have stated is true, the fact is, if anyone has any semblance of the virus, I would like to know, regardless of the quantitive amount. People that are prone to becoming gravely ill, really need to know of those that are carrying the virus, regardless of the quantitve amount. And honestly, some people will become gravely ill, even if they do not have any underlying health issues. This virus effects people very differently, once it is in their bodies. Two people could have the same small quantitive trace amounts, but will end up in two very different ways. So much to learn yet about it.

One thing I have personally noticed, over the last 4-6 weeks, is those I know that have caught it, have been minimally affected. Such as a sore throat, fever for less than 8 hours and loss of taste and smell for about a day or so. No breathing issues whatsoever. Maybe the virus strength is waning. Maybe not. Just maybe the 6-8 people I know that have had it in the past 4-6 weeks are fortunate.

For the games that involve an East coast and West coast teams, why doesn't the NFL move game start times so the teams can fy the same day. Such as if the game is in the East, it can be a night game. If the game is in the West, it can be a late afternoon or night game. These players get to the facility early during the week. They can get on a plane by 8 AM to fly to a game.

For the games that involve an East coast and West coast teams, why doesn't the NFL move game start times so the teams can fy the same day. Such as if the game is in the East, it can be a night game. If the game is in the West, it can be a late afternoon or night game. These players get to the facility early during the week. They can get on a plane by 8 AM to fly to a game.
I think that is what Pats did Monday night. It just makes for a long day. Then you got to worry about airport delays like bad weather.

Watching UTSA v BYU on ESPN2. Pretty sure I just saw something crawl across the "ticker" that Bears and Chiefs have had positive tests. Could be false positives, but could also be a situation that is about to "blow up". Anyone else see/hear about this, or am I just still reeling from LSU's horrific performance this morning against Missouri?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom