Jets released former 1st-rounder Dee Milliner (1 Viewer)

Low risk, high reward. He comes at the price of a 1st round base salary but IIRC, the Jets didn't exercise his 5th year option so he'd get a chance to prove himself this yr and possibly get an extension.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

"Welcome to the team, Dee. Here's your locker. Uniform and cleats there. Game is at 3'o clock in San Diego. Any questions?"

"But coach, I don't know the playbook yet."

"Neither do they son. See you at the airport."

He is just entering his prime at 25 and with the right coaching along with some luck in the injury department the kid still has a chance to be a special player.
That's cute. Luck in the injury department? On the Saints?

Milliner was way rated way too high going into the draft. He was the beneficiary of a great defense around him in college and then drafted too high. He was given far too many chances as a Jet and he isn't a very good player. Even if he was healthy, I'd say pass on him just like every QB in the league has.

I mean......if our secondary were healthy I'd be like.....pass....but we're kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel. Worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Milliner was way rated way too high going into the draft. He was the beneficiary of a great defense around him in college and then drafted too high. He was given far too many chances as a Jet and he isn't a very good player. Even if he was healthy, I'd say pass on him just like every QB in the league has.

Not saying he wasn't rated higher then he should have been but Milliner was no slouch coming out of Bama. He was an All-American locking down the #1 CB position for the best defense in CFB. Helped Bama win a National Championship as a key and star player. Also had a very good NC game locking down now Pro Bowl TE from Notre Dame Tyler Eifert. Went on to have a great combine measuring in at 6'0" 201 lbs while running a 4.37 40 along with a 36" vert. The kid had just about everything you wanted in a CB with prototype measureables across the board.

His rookie year he played very well towards the end of the season after having some growing pains early on. He appeared in 13 games while starting 12 recording 3 interceptions and 15 pass deflections. Towards the end of the season he won AFC player of the week along with rookie of the month. I wouldn't say he has been thrown all over considering he is just entering his 4th season after only playing a significant amount in 1 of the previous 3 seasons. In year 2 and 3 he played a total of 7 games with 2 starts. Going into his 2nd season after a strong finish to his rookie year he sprains his ankle and misses all of training camp while returning for the start of the season only to tear his Achilles a few games in. After recovering from the Achilles and going into his 3rd season he injures his wrist being placed on IR needing surgery to eventually return for a couple of games. His bust status has been do to being injured with his body never allowing him the chance to play and get comfortable not his play.

If he can beat the injury bug the kid still has plenty of time just entering his prime to be something special. Like I said we have seen it with 2 of our own in Lewis and Greer who developed late but weren't slowed by injuries. Josh Norman is also a player who took his game to an elite level late in his career. Again not saying Milliner is going to be anything great but I wouldn't yet consider him a bust and pretend like he has been nothing but bad. Injuries have not even allowed him to be labeled bad when he actually played well when healthy but he does have the label of injury prone. Really only 1 major injury with the others mostly minor. I don't see how giving him a chance or why we wouldn't if he is healthy being a bad move in anyway. This is a very low risk with there still being a high reward if it starts to click with this kid.

I'm glad i signed him up for United Games he can put all his attention to that now

He's been a bust in NY. Worth a look? Beggars can't be choosers.

No. We have plenty of throw aways from bad teams that just seem to be a letdown. We would be better signing some street free agent that hasnt played but may have somehow been overlooked.

Not saying he wasn't rated higher then he should have been but Milliner was no slouch coming out of Bama. He was an All-American locking down the #1 CB position for the best defense in CFB. Helped Bama win a National Championship as a key and star player. Also had a very good NC game locking down now Pro Bowl TE from Notre Dame Tyler Eifert. Went on to have a great combine measuring in at 6'0" 201 lbs while running a 4.37 40 along with a 36" vert. The kid had just about everything you wanted in a CB with prototype measureables across the board.

His rookie year he played very well towards the end of the season after having some growing pains early on. He appeared in 13 games while starting 12 recording 3 interceptions and 15 pass deflections. Towards the end of the season he won AFC player of the week along with rookie of the month. I wouldn't say he has been thrown all over considering he is just entering his 4th season after only playing a significant amount in 1 of the previous 3 seasons. In year 2 and 3 he played a total of 7 games with 2 starts. Going into his 2nd season after a strong finish to his rookie year he sprains his ankle and misses all of training camp while returning for the start of the season only to tear his Achilles a few games in. After recovering from the Achilles and going into his 3rd season he injures his wrist being placed on IR needing surgery to eventually return for a couple of games. His bust status has been do to being injured with his body never allowing him the chance to play and get comfortable not his play.

If he can beat the injury bug the kid still has plenty of time just entering his prime to be something special. Like I said we have seen it with 2 of our own in Lewis and Greer who developed late but weren't slowed by injuries. Josh Norman is also a player who took his game to an elite level late in his career. Again not saying Milliner is going to be anything great but I wouldn't yet consider him a bust and pretend like he has been nothing but bad. Injuries have not even allowed him to be labeled bad when he actually played well when healthy but he does have the label of injury prone. Really only 1 major injury with the others mostly minor. I don't see how giving him a chance or why we wouldn't if he is healthy being a bad move in anyway. This is a very low risk with there still being a high reward if it starts to click with this kid.

Great post.

This is truly low risk, high reward. At a position of dire need. At a premium position in the NFL.

There is literally no reason not to do this.

Great post.

This is truly low risk, high reward. At a position of dire need. At a premium position in the NFL.

There is literally no reason not to do this.

Seriously? Our top 5 corners are injured and we can't find a single reason not to sign a corner that can't stay healthy?

I guess he could help coach up the guys on IR.

Trust me. He cant do no worse. Change of scenery maybe all he needs. Sign him Loomis.

Kyle Wilson 2.0?

I'd take a look.

What is his CURRENT injury status? Is he still injured and was released with an injury settlement? Or was he just straight up released after coming off IR?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom