Jets' Revis jetting into elite class of feared cornerbacks - article (1 Viewer)

revis does have elite speed though

thank you. eveyrbody has revis as the bets or 2nd best. its a toss up between him and asaguwa from the raiders. I think revis si better though cause since hsi rookie year he has been left on an island with top WRs. asagawa is rarely 1 on 1 and up until this year he was mostly on the #2 WRs for teams when he was 1 on 1

our LBers can cover RBs and TEs very well. scott, harris, and thomas are all playing great. scott is a former pro bowler and harris will be 1 this year. your lucky were missing pace still too as pace is a great LBer as well. gholston is starting in front of him and i refer to him as casper (the friendly ghost) he has no fire and never makes plays

yes i do

revis - top 2 CB
rhodes - pro bowl caliber player
learnhard - starting safety for balt last year
harris - will make the pro bowl this year
scott - pro bowler (started for balt last year)
jenkins 4 time pro bowler
ellis - former pro bowler
shepard - former pro bowler (if he plays)
thomas - solid LBer had 8 sacks 2 years ago and 80+ tackles
douglas - has more tackles for a loss tehn any player the past 4 years (also started for balt last year)
Gholston - 1st round bust lol. he isn't a threat but they can't all be studs can they?

We know about your defensive names. I think Revis is a top 2 corner. Probably by the end of the year will take that spot from Nnamdi. I've personally thought Kerry Rhodes has been snubbed from the Pro- Bowl because of Palomalu and Reed but has played on that level. Harris is a up and coming star. Being a big Michigan fan I've followed him for a long time, so I know what he can do. We know Jenkins from his Carolina days. Ellis is a solid player. Shepard...um...not really over impressed with him but the dude does ball. Thomas don't know much about him and I know Douglas from his Bal. days. Oh I can't forget Mr. Hot sauce aka Bart Scott. I still remember that tackle he put on Reggie and kind of twisted his ankle. When asked about it (on Sirius radio) he said he was just putting a little hot sauce on the tackle. Gholston should be name GHOSTon because that dude doesn't play. Workout wonder...looks like Tarazan....plays like Jane. I have a lot of respect for your defense. They've played really well and they are fun to watch. Should be a good game.

He can't cover all of our receivers at once.
This.

No doubt that Revis is well on his way to becoming one of those one name athletes. He's a guy who will take away half the field for a lot of teams. Unfortunately for the Jets, he can only cover one of the four or five receivers the Saints might end up running downfield.

im not saying revis is bad or anything like that, but when we went into Philly everyone was on the Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown bandwagon "oh he's so great" "best CB in the league" Drew still came out and burned em for a few TD's.

Rex's Raven defense last year had complete no names at cornerback, and still shut down the opposition's passing game to the tune of having the 2nd best pass defense in the league (behind the steelers).

Having Revis is just gravy for Rex

Your secondary is pretty heavily injured. I'll be impressed if you guys can slow down our auxillary weapons with backups and guys off the street. Your team is not the Baltimore Ravens, despite using a similar defensive strategy. The Ravens had a pretty effective secondary with McAllister and Ed Reed.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I completely don't see it. Guess we will find out.

Revis is good. Really good. I'll grant him that. But the weird thing about the article to me was the author quoting Clowney not once, not twice, but three times as an authority on great cornerbacks. That is just bizarre.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"If I had to pick any cornerback in this league to start my team with, it would be Darrelle Revis," said Jets' wide receiver David Clowney. "I think he thinks he can cover anybody in this league."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"He's getting better and better every year," Clowney said. "And you can tell he's getting better every season. He's going to be somebody special. He didn't get drafted in the first round for nothing. He has a lot of great talent." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Every day and age you have somebody who excels in their games," said Clowney. "Champ [Bailey] had his time; -- now it's somebody else's turn. Personally, I believe it's Darrelle's time." [/FONT]

Clowney has played 4 games in his 3 years in the NFL and only has one catch to show for it. I dont think any team has played their best corner back against him ever. Unless it was a colossal accident and the CB was covering the wrong man. Clowney now has 3 times as many quotes about Revis coverage than he does catches against all other corners living and dead combined.

We will see what kind of CB he is Sunday in DA DOME!!:9: I hope people know Drew will not shy away from throwing to Colston. Can Revis out jump Colston and his frame. HMMMMM,,,Who Dat:plus-un2:

Meacham will have a big day. If you stop one Twin Tower it is another right behind Colston. They sleeping on Meahum, but he will teach um...:spit:

Is the really that much better then Porter and Greer? that will be the true question case we know that we are going to find a way to score 30 + on either Revis or whoever, but will Sanchez play that well against our no name cornerbacks ?( guys that I think are playing very well ).

im not saying revis is bad or anything like that, but when we went into Philly everyone was on the Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown bandwagon "oh he's so great" "best CB in the league" Drew still came out and burned em for a few TD's.

:plus-un2:

Maybe Revis should come out wearing a Michael Myers mask seeing as how that Jason mask didnt really work out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom