Jets' Revis jetting into elite class of feared cornerbacks - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Revis jetting into elite class of feared cornerbacks
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- When cornerback Darrelle Revis strolled through the New York Jets' locker room Wednesday, reporters left him alone. Instead, they put the full-court press on rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez, asking what he thought about a possible shootout Sunday in New Orleans.

Sanchez wasn't sure, but he doesn't have the answers to beating the Saints. Revis might. The third-year cornerback not only is an important part to one of the league's premier defenses -- he's one of the top young players at his position, so good that he's beginning to drift into the Nnamdi Asomugha stratosphere.
More...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12290376

The few times I've seen him play, Revis does look special, especially for such a young CB. The Jets got this one right.

Revis jetting into elite class of feared cornerbacks
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

More...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12290376

The few times I've seen him play, Revis does look special, especially for such a young CB. The Jets got this one right.

Revis, in many ways, reminds me of Malcolm Jenkins. Or maybe I should say that the other way around. Both are tall, rangy corners. Not blessed with elite speed but play fast and have very long arms. Revis is a physical corner who gets a great bump off the line of scrimmage and utilizes his hands really well. He is very fluid out of his breaks and knows how to stay on the inside shoulder of a receiver. I see similar traits in Malcolm, and can only hope that he, too, will blossom in time the way that Revis has emerged as one of the league's better cornerbacks.

Hopefully Sean Payton forces him to matchup on Henderson and they test out his hamstring.

he's one of the top young players at his position, so good that he's beginning to drift into the Nnamdi Asomugha stratosphere.

Fail.

Revis has been playing well. He has gone against some top competition this season and has looked like a shut down CB. I do not think it is wrong to give an opponent or one of their players credit, particularly for being a stud player for them.

Revis, in many ways, reminds me of Malcolm Jenkins. Or maybe I should say that the other way around. Both are tall, rangy corners. Not blessed with elite speed but play fast and have very long arms. Revis is a physical corner who gets a great bump off the line of scrimmage and utilizes his hands really well. He is very fluid out of his breaks and knows how to stay on the inside shoulder of a receiver. I see similar traits in Malcolm, and can only hope that he, too, will blossom in time the way that Revis has emerged as one of the league's better cornerbacks.
It would be fantastic if Jenkins turned into this kind of DB for us. I didn't get a chance to watch the Jets/Houston game, but I did see them vs the Pats. Revis was in Moss's pocket pretty much all day long.

He gave away one of his secrets in the article stating that he studies body language to determine if the play is going to be a run or pass.

I'd mess with his head knowing that info.

Brees will challenge him. He will not do well trying bump and run on Colston. And if they put him on Colston all game then we will win by spreading the ball around. We have too many options. Shockey may have a big game against them.

I like this game more and more. It keeps the team on their toes. I think the level of focus might actually go up this week.

Revis is legit. He's shut down Moss, and Andre Johnson. Colston might not have a very big game.

With that being said, I have no clue how the Jets are going to attempt to cover Bush, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, Shockey, D. Thomas, H. Evans, and P. Thomas as recieving threats. That's a big problem for Rex Ryan to attempt to "mastermind" a solution to, especially with his entire secondary being banged up.

Revis is legit. He's shut down Moss, and Andre Johnson. Colston might not have a very big game.

With that being said, I have no clue how the Jets are going to attempt to cover Bush, Henderson, Meachem, Moore, Shockey, D. Thomas, H. Evans, and P. Thomas as recieving threats. That's a big problem for Rex Ryan to attempt to "mastermind" a solution to, especially with his entire secondary being banged up.

Rex's Raven defense last year had complete no names at cornerback, and still shut down the opposition's passing game to the tune of having the 2nd best pass defense in the league (behind the steelers).

Having Revis is just gravy for Rex

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom