Jets sign Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

Crazy how a high first round pick can barely land a team now.

The draft is like a gamble.
Anthony was about as late a first round pick as you can get (31). But 1st round picks are pretty much risky...About 1/3rd are busts, 1/3rd are role players, and 1/3rd are stars.

I have been tracking since about (98) to (15)...if you want my spreadsheet just PM me.

Last edited:
Anthony was the grand prize winner of the underwear olympics that year. Amazing physical specimen that managed to run really fast and do nothing. He lead the team in tackles simply because he was the fastest guy in pursuit rather than having any real skill. As soon as he was stuck in a spot and given responsibility he was benched.

And yet he was for years the shining example of how all the good players that don’t work out in New Orleans became studs elsewhere.

The Falcons are going to be pretty tough this year. Don't let pre season cloud your judgment. They struggled with injuries last year. If the bug hits us we could miss the playoffs.
And what pray tell are you basing this from? The national talking heads who are pining for a real fight for NFC south dominance?

And what pray tell are you basing this from? The national talking heads who are pining for a real fight for NFC south dominance?
I dont watch the talking heads. The NFC South will be competitive. Tampa has a much better coach. Atlanta is healthy. The only red flag on Atlanta is OC Dirk Koetter. He has lost everywhere he has went but he never had a QB like Ryan so we will have to see what happens.
Dan Quinn is back to calling the defense. They won their last 3 games last year when he took over so I look for their defense to be much better especially since they are healthy.

Good for him. It was the Saints who reached for an athlete first to run our defense as a rookie. I have no issues with Anthony.

I dont watch the talking heads. The NFC South will be competitive. Tampa has a much better coach. Atlanta is healthy. The only red flag on Atlanta is OC Dirk Koetter. He has lost everywhere he has went but he never had a QB like Ryan so we will have to see what happens.
Dan Quinn is back to calling the defense. They won their last 3 games last year when he took over so I look for their defense to be much better especially since they are healthy.
Koetter actually was Atlanta’s OC from 2012-2014 before he became the OC then HC for TB.

Gotta give it to Anthony though... for an absolute bust, he's still sticking around living his dream... one team at a time, but still...

Only because every team has to be the team that thinks they can get the most out of his physical traits. Dudes an athletic beast and the NFL finds it hard to give up on players like that so they stay in rotation for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom