Jets Talking About Trading Down (1 Viewer)

If this is what it takes to prevent us from getting Keith "I'm over-rated because I went to USC" Rivers, I'll be happy.

ok...you dont want to stay put, but you would have no problem trading up to get Sedrick "i played college ball with Keith Rivers" Ellis?

ok...you dont want to stay put, but you would have no problem trading up to get Sedrick "i played college ball with Keith Rivers" Ellis?

"8.5 sacks for minus 67 yards and 12.5 stops for losses totaling 75 yards…Added one quarterback pressure and two fumble recoveries…Also deflected seven passes."

Show me that kind of production out of Rivers and I'd get 1/2 as excited about him as Ellis.

The only thing about the draft that we should believe this time of year is it's date and start time.

quite possibly the best post on the forum in weeks :hihi:

"8.5 sacks for minus 67 yards and 12.5 stops for losses totaling 75 yards…Added one quarterback pressure and two fumble recoveries…Also deflected seven passes."

Show me that kind of production out of Rivers and I'd get 1/2 as excited about him as Ellis.

I just wanted you to clarify your statement. You blame USC for his ranking and then you root for another guy from the same school. If you like Ellis more, thats understandable, but you cant say that USC is the reason for Rivers being ranked highly and then hope we draft his teammate. Makes no sense.

If the best player in the draft is there at #6 and the Saints pick it is a no-brainer that they will pull the trigger and get RUN DMC. The best athlete in the draft...

Bush
DMC
Thomas
Stecker

Oh MY!!!!

well keith played for a team loaded with great linebacker talent, rey magul-whatever is a very good middle linebacker and racked up most of tackles for their linebacking corps. its very hard for a will to have eye poping numbers when the entire linebacking corps is solid. with that said he still put up good numbers at usc....but numbers arent everything, its how scouts/coaches feel a player will translate his ability to the pro-game. i think keith would be a good pick for us hes young, healthy, and very talented.....how many other linebackers on our squad can you say that about? vilma and morgan both have health issues, morgan more than vilma and the rest of the guys besides fujita make me go:covri:

Well, I hope Miami signs Ghulston, then St Louis takes T Long, then Atlanta takes Ryan, Then Oakland takes McFadden or Long, then the Cheifs take Long or an OT like Clady, then the Jets trade to us and we can pick Dorsey or Ellis.

The thing is, most people think Atlanta will take Dorsey, and a good number think Oakland may take Dorsey or Ellis, despite the amount of money they have tied up in thier defense. Can you imagine Dorsey AND Ellis being available at 6? If this were the scenario, many would say stay, surely Cinci will pick one and we can get the other. I don't. I think their are teams like Denver that would love to trade up for a DT and NE just had Dorsey in for a visit, so if we don't trade with NY and NE takes Dorsey, they only way we can trad up is with Baltimore, becuase Cinci will surely take Ellis.

Ty Warren | #94 | DE Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Age: 27 Drafted round 1 pick 13 2003
Vince Wilfork | #75 | NT Height: 6-2 Weight: 325 Age: 26 Drafted round 1 pick 21 2004 Pro Bowl selection (2007) All-Pro selection (2007)
Richard Seymour | #93 | DE Height: 6-6 Weight: 310 Age: 28 Drafted round 1 pick 6 2001 5x Pro Bowl selection (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
5x All-Pro selection (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)

They also have Jarvis Green as a capable backup. I don't think New England have any intention of drafting Dorsey/Ellis

If somehow both are there at 6 I'd wait till the Ravens were on the clock. 1 will be there

I just wanted you to clarify your statement. You blame USC for his ranking and then you root for another guy from the same school. If you like Ellis more, thats understandable, but you cant say that USC is the reason for Rivers being ranked highly and then hope we draft his teammate. Makes no sense.

I'm not saying that just because you go to USC You blow or you're great. I'm saying that you can be of average talent, go to a school like USC, Miami, etc. and have your talent blown out of proportion. I see that in Rivers case, but certainly not in Ellis's case.

well keith played for a team loaded with great linebacker talent, rey magul-whatever is a very good middle linebacker and racked up most of tackles for their linebacking corps. its very hard for a will to have eye poping numbers when the entire linebacking corps is solid. with that said he still put up good numbers at usc....but numbers arent everything, its how scouts/coaches feel a player will translate his ability to the pro-game. i think keith would be a good pick for us hes young, healthy, and very talented.....how many other linebackers on our squad can you say that about? vilma and morgan both have health issues, morgan more than vilma and the rest of the guys besides fujita make me go:covri:

Number 10 picks need to have eye-popping numbers, plain and simple. Remember the kind of numbers AJ Hawk put up in 2005 at OSU? It's not like he was on a bad team there, either....Bobby Carpenter anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom