Jets Talking About Trading Down (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
From kffl.com:

Jets | Team could look to trade down in draft
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:00:10 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets could look to trade down in the 2008 NFL Draft. The Jets currently hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft. The team could look to trade down to between No. 7 and No. 15 overall. They have discussed a trade with at least one team in that range.

Could the team the Jets have talked been the Saints? Is it possible that the Saints have an offer on the table that is conditional on one or two players still being there at pick 6? For those that want the Saints to draft Dorsey or Ellis, one can hope.

this could be precisely why we canceled the ellis visit. maybe he's our man if he falls to 6 and a deal is already in place. hmm...

this could be precisely why we canceled the ellis visit. maybe he's our man if he falls to 6 and a deal is already in place. hmm...

I would not be shocked if this was the case we give them back the 3rd they lost in the Jenkins trade.

Oh, great. Now I will go to bed with visions of this guy dancing in my head. :ezbill:

t1_ellis.jpg

sk4qs66c.jpg

I' think Ellis will definitely be there. I'm guessing both Longs, Dorsey, McFadden, and Gholston will get picked before him so he'll likely still be available at 6. Theres a chance Ryan will picked before him as well.

But as others said they probably want Gholston or Mcfadden there...if not they could trade down.

:spaz2: Must. control, excitement. :spaz2:

Must! control! excitement!

Man, now I really can't wait for the draft. Why can't it be this weekend!?! I sure hope this is not the typical New York spouting off sportswriter nonsense. It would be awesome to see the Saints make the trade and get Glenrick Dorsellis.

:spaz2: must. control. excitement. :spaz2: oh, man, somebody :1zhelp:!

Thank heaven I have a wife who understands (who am I kidding? shares) my nuttiness over this kind of stuff!

Call me crazy, but I get a little nervous thinking about the Saints trading up to the 6th pick to get a DT...

you guys no more than I do but with all the money Oakland has spent I "think" they could be for trading out of that spot as well. We might have the money to trade down but we still haven't addressed Colston's contract or Smith's contract. If Smith wasn't getter than Grant I could see us taking a DE and bouncing who evers crying about contracts but that another post. Point is I believe their are a few teams who over spent in free agency who need to get out of the top spots. I don't see how Oakland can afford the price of their own tickets at this piont.

If this is what it takes to prevent us from getting Keith "I'm over-rated because I went to USC" Rivers, I'll be happy.

Well, I hope Miami signs Ghulston, then St Louis takes T Long, then Atlanta takes Ryan, Then Oakland takes McFadden or Long, then the Cheifs take Long or an OT like Clady, then the Jets trade to us and we can pick Dorsey or Ellis.

The thing is, most people think Atlanta will take Dorsey, and a good number think Oakland may take Dorsey or Ellis, despite the amount of money they have tied up in thier defense. Can you imagine Dorsey AND Ellis being available at 6? If this were the scenario, many would say stay, surely Cinci will pick one and we can get the other. I don't. I think their are teams like Denver that would love to trade up for a DT and NE just had Dorsey in for a visit, so if we don't trade with NY and NE takes Dorsey, they only way we can trad up is with Baltimore, becuase Cinci will surely take Ellis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom