N/S Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seahawks (1 Viewer)

Yeah but listen. I'm watching the replay of the wild card game.( trying not to cry), but the way Everson Griffen was putting in work. I think I'd rather have him. Dude can play inside and out. I'm just saying.
If he's on the Saints, he won't be able to beat up on their offensive line to look so good.

How good does your safety have to play to make this deal worth it?

That's a "last piece to the puzzle" type of trade. They have to win a super bowl with him or it's not worth it.

Did they get David Putney too?
MV5BMTgxMTA1NTg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM1OTc1MTE@._V1_.jpg

:hihi:

jamal adams unfortunately doesn't play offense for Seattle. They are incredibly shallow on offensive talent. An injury to Lockett or Carson and their offense becomes very pedestrian

Now that's giving 2 first round picks for a player.

I continue to appreciate Pete Carroll for keeping Seattle average to good....

jamal adams unfortunately doesn't play offense for Seattle. They are incredibly shallow on offensive talent. An injury to Lockett or Carson and their offense becomes very pedestrian

Lockett or Carson? Their offensive line sucks, without those picks it will be a lot tougher to upgrade it, not that Carroll seems concerned about that....

Jamal Adams is really good, maybe the best safety in the NFL, but to give up that much for one player rarely works out well.....

Man I hate how players can force trades these days. They will say whatever just to make it happen

There have been DBs in NFL history that would've been worth this price tag but Jamal Adams isn't one of them. He's a great Safety but he's still a Safety in 2020. In the box Safeties can help a defense but they aren't the difference makers they once were.

Adams is not Deion Sanders circa 1994, early 90s Rod Woodson, or Ronnie Lott. There's no way he's going to play at a level that would justify this trade. I'm sure he'll earn individual accolades in Seattle but it's Super Bowl or bust.

Seattle made a highly questionable trade. The reasons:

(1) If the reason was to win in 2020, there might not be a season in 2020. And if there is one, this will be an unpredictable season determined in part by what teams can avoid a massive number of virus infections.

(2) There is the contract issue. Adams wants a massive contract.

(3) Few safeties over the last 10 years have the type of draft value Seattle gave up. Ed Reed, yes. Adams, no.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom