Jets waive RB C.J. Spiller (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Jets cut C.J. Spiller and Jeremy Ross

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2016, 3:20 PM EST

It was a bit of a surprise in some quarters when the Saints cut C.J. Spiller before the start of the season.

Maybe it shouldn’t have been, because he hasn’t been able to hold down a job since.

The Jets are the latest to release the former No. 9 overall pick, announcing the move today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/06/jets-cut-c-j-spiller-and-jeremy-ross/

Payton did say that the door on Spiller was not closed in New Orleans, and it appears that they have given up on Murphy while Lasco is still unhealthy. I'd also like to point out that Spiller is basically on a minimum salary deal now.

.....just sayin'.

Don't know if I necessarily WANT it to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did happen.

When that guy lost it, he musta lost it HARD.

I guess I imagined things in the preseason when it looked like he was showing speed and had gotten my hopes up.

that's crazy he looked the best of our rbs in the preseason. How quickly things change

Something very odd has happened to this man. You don't go from being one of the top 5 or 6 gamebreaking type of everydown backs to an absolute has-been that quickly.

Either he just doesn't care or something else is going on. And I refuse to believe it's his physical ability. He clearly showed that he still had burst this preseason with the Saints.

Talk about a player that could have made a HUGE difference this year, smh.

Such a weird situation. Hard to understand what's going on with him. He was actually in the game late. He's fallen so far so fast. Seems like yesterday he was killing it with the Bills.

Well I have finally learned a valuable lesson. Just b/c the team goes out and signs some exciting names it don't mean a darn thing until they actually perform. Got excited about Byrd, Browner, Spiller, Fleenor... Nope not going to do it again. I'll be holding my excitement for when this team gets back above .500 again.

Well I have finally learned a valuable lesson. Just b/c the team goes out and signs some exciting names it don't mean a darn thing until they actually perform. Got excited about Byrd, Browner, Spiller, Fleenor... Nope not going to do it again. I'll be holding my excitement for when this team gets back above .500 again.

Fleener a big name ? for me he was more like a name but not a big name...

anyway, we had also a few hits with Darren Sharper, MIKE MCKENZIE, Ben Grubbs... but looking at FA history, across the NFL more often big names tend to disappoint. While hungry starter-backup tends to get better making the switch from one to another team. That's my humble view.

anyway, we had also a few hits with Darren Sharper, MIKE MCKENZIE, Ben Grubbs... but looking at FA history, across the NFL more often big names tend to disappoint. While hungry starter-backup tends to get better making the switch from one to another team. That's my humble view.

May want to throw in the fact that we landed arguably the greatest free agent in NFL history in 2006.

Mckenzie was a trade like Vilma. We seem to do best with trades than fa signings. Sharper was old and no one wanted him when we signed him. He was considered washed up at that point. And Grubbs was no where close to being as good as the man he replaced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom