Jets WR Brad Smith is a free agent next year/ Loomis make it happen. (2 Viewers)

Why would you go for him when Fitzgerald will be likely available at the same time?

I would rather get a new special teams coach than either, honestly. With that being said, I don't see us getting either one to be honest. Fun to dream, though.

Fitzgerald will not be a FA next year. He is under contract until at least after the 2011 season and the management in Arizona isn't going to just release him unless he pulls a Vick and ends up in jail.

Which one of our receivers do you want to get rid of?

It's not just that they are all very good at what they do and give us all kinds of options, it's that they have all bought into the idea that on this team, the ball is going to be spread around and you have to be unselfish to play here. A receiver with arguably better skills who is whining for the ball all the time is not worth what he would bring to the team.

I very much agree with the OP.

We have no kick returner. I am done with #15.

Roby is a consistent return man. I can see him being upgraded next year, but it seems like every off-season we try and do that, yet Roby still holds that spot down.

Is Roby a solid return man? Of course. Can we do better? Yes.

Knew this thread would be here today. Anytime someone has a big game on national tv, there will be an automatic thread "Loomis make it happen." never fails

Roby is a consistent return man. I can see him being upgraded next year, but it seems like every off-season we try and do that, yet Roby still holds that spot down.

I agree with this. Roby is reliable but upgradeable, kind of like most of our linebackers :hihi: Think Stefan Logan at the KR/PR spot. That little guy is a beast.

robys no beer man. but he could be the KR for about 28 other teams.

No thanks. I like our WRs. lets keep who we have.

besides, i'd rather go after a big name defensive tackle or outside linebacker in free agency this off season.

Roby is an great gunner, and an solid return man with any kind of blocking. If its only for returns and he cost more $, I like our current roster. Does he return punts, we can definately upgrade there.

No thanks. I like our WRs. lets keep who we have.

besides, i'd rather go after a big name defensive tackle or outside linebacker in free agency this off season.

Well the other teams like their big name DTs and OLBs, so if every team likes their players no one will be available.

Realistically speaking, the Saints WILL lose some of our own free agents. I think it's at least worth talking about. Brad Smith would fit pretty well in this offense.

Wouldn't mind this guy.

Holmes and Edwards are both FA too, but you can bet they will be kept. Brad could get cut because they also have a "X-Factor" player in Joe McKnight that they are grooming. He could hit the market. He's not used much in the passing game so I doubt he will demand much in FA. I would not mind snatching him up at all.

dont need him, we can find someone for kr in the draft or UDFA...

we have Drew Brees not some Joe Namath wanna be... That would limit his touches

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom